C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E

Girl Time

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - O N EGirl Time

_____________________________

One month later

Everything has changed and some for the better and some for the worse. For one thing, Hawkins has gained a lot of attention. It came out that the 'The Department of Energy' or 'Hawkins Lab', had something to do with Barbra Hollands death and cover up.

Which wasn't surprising to the ones involved. Her parents finally had closure. They didn't need to search for their daughter, anymore; she was already gone. They said that she died from exposure to an extremely toxic and experimental chemical that leaked from the lab.

And in a sense it was true. This news had shaken up the whole town of Hawkins. Not many felt safe anymore. No more boring, normal life of Hawkin, Indiana that the residences had come to know.

In other news, Hawkins Lab was officially closed and locked up forever. The ones that were still alive were arrested or messed up for life. Which was good, that whole project destroyed so many lives and now the ones who caused this mess deserved to be punished.

No one had seen El since she closed the Gate. Everyone knew she was alive and safe but they couldn't see her until the heat dies down. It almost felt like they lost her all over again, but at least they knew she was in a safe place.

Roni holds up two dresses in front of her closet. That night was the Snowball Dance. Just a normal everyday dance. Usually she would stay at home, but this time it felt different. She suddenly wanted to go and hang out with her friends who were also going.

Even her parents were completely shocked and surprised when she asked to go. They had to ask Steve if this was true, he confirmed it. So begrudgingly, Roni went with her mother to the store to pick out a dress. And of course, Roni hated every one of them that her mother picked out. So they all had a floral pattern or looked like something her mother would wear in the sixties. Not what she would ever wear.

But at the store she noticed that Nancy was there also picking out dresses and Roni practically begged her to shop with them. She complied. And the very first dress Nancy chose Roni absolutely loved it, to her mother and Nancy's surprise. Especially at the color of the dress.

As they head to the counter to pay, Roni glanced to the side to see a mannequin with a dusty blue dress with pink polka dots and a pink belt. Something told her to get that dress too but she didn't know why.

Hopper's Cabin

Hopper sat on his lounge chair, drinking a cold can of beer, watching TV. He turns to the side when he hears quiet footsteps. El shuffled her feet timidly.

"What's up?" He asks, taking a sip of beer.

"Mike called. He asked me to the Snowball dance," She sucked in a breath and stood straight up. "I want to go." Hopper sighed and turns off the tv.