C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

C H A P T E R   F I F T E E N
The Plan 2.0

_________________________

Everyone, of course, meets at the Byers house. This was the second time that they had to meet here and it seemed like the central meeting point for everything bad happening.

The groups reveal all that they know and most of what they had been through. It grew quiet once Mike and Hopper revealed the news about Bob Newby's death. Roni didn't know much about him or had talked much with him. But she knew he was very important to Mrs. Byers and the boys.

Mrs. Byers sat in her room, mourning the loss. Jonathan stayed close to Will's unconscious body and Nancy stuck close to him, comforting the older brother. Steve kept somewhat close to Nancy but at a distance, both physically and emotionally, it seemed.

Hopper called the military or whatever force they had on the phone, trying to get them to come to Hawkins lab.

The younger children sat at the table, waiting patiently for any sort of news. Roni sat next to Mike, twirling her blonde locks around her fingers.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked as Hopper entered the kitchen when a deep set frown on his face.

"We'll see," Hopper answered.

"'We'll see'? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike shouted.

"We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper answered blankly. He leaves the room and Mike looks at his back in frustration. Everyone sits quietly, waiting for something to happen. Roni breathes in deeply.

Mike stands and picks up something. "Did you know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" He asked quietly.

"Really?" Lucas spoke.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment," Mike walks back into the kitchen. "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah," Dustin and Lucas speak softly. Roni just simply nods and shifts in her seat. Mike places a deck of cards on the table.

"We can't let him die in vain," Mike says firmly.

"What do you want to do, Mike? The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own," Dustin explains.

"Demo-dogs?" Max asks.

"Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs," Dustin tells her. Roni shrugs. It made sense in her head. "I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." He trails off.

"But there's an army now," Lucas finishes.

Mike's brown eyes widen. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too," Mike says excitedly. They look between each other. Roni's heart beats faster in anticipation.