Chapter 4

Miles' POV

It's the first day of school and my parents are off on a business trip already. They left two days after we arrived, not even getting into a routine in the new house. They work long hours so we can afford this house so I can't be too mad.

I take a hot shower, enjoying the way the water runs through my curly hair and runs down my back. I use my floral scented body wash, loving the smell, not caring that it's a feminine smell.

I let my hair air dry, leaving it to naturally get curly again. I get dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans, and grab my backpack. Heading to my car, I hop in and start it up. The drive to the Fall Haven High is a short one, filled with anxiety and dread. I'm scared. What if they treat me bad here? I'm not expecting to make any friends, I just want to get by the rest of the year with my head down.

I pull into a parking space in the back, one of the only ones left. I make the trek through the parking lot, getting a lot of stares and whispers. Ignoring everyone, I find the office quickly. I walk in there and see a nice looking lady sitting behind a computer.

"Hello, Mister. What can I do for you?" She asks politely.

I walk up to the desk and lean against it. "I'm new here, I need my schedule. My name is Miles Eaton," I state as she types in my name.

"Of course, let me print it out real quick. And the school thought that because of the problems you had at your old school, you should have a tour guide who can show you around to all your classes," she explains, looking up at me through her glasses.

In walks a tall boy, probably around 6'0. Looking up at him, I notice he has dark hair and brown eyes. He looks like someone I've met recently.

"Hi, you must be Miles. I'm Jason Reed, and you've met my brother. He told me allllll about you," he says with a smirk, dragging out the 'L.'

"Okay... Nice to meet you. You're tall," I say bluntly, out of no where. What? It just came out.

"You're funny, I like you. Let's get going and I'll show you to our classes."

I grab my schedule from the desk lady as Jason wraps his arm around my shoulder. I ask, "Our classes?"

"Oh, yes! My brother made sure to put us into all the same classes so I can protect you," he says but then stops walking. "I don't think I was supposed to tell you that... Oh well," he mutters to himself, even though I hear it clearly.

We continue walking, Jason waving at people as we pass by them. I'm not used to this much attention but Jason sure seems to be. He acts like this is a catwalk and he's strutting his stuff. Not really, but you get the idea.

We stop at a classroom that reads, 'Calculus.' Fun. I hate math with a passion, it is dead to me. Jason turns to me and gives me a pep talk, "You got this, just go in there and work your magic. You got my brother whipped so just do that again with these fellas."

I tilt my head in question but I don't have time to ask. He opens the door and we walk in. The teacher, a short lady with a mean face, smiles at me and her face lights up. "Welcome to Calculus, Miles. I heard you would be joining us. Would you like to introduce yourself?"

Without thinking, I blurt, "Uh, not really."

He face falls and I feel bad. She seems nice, I didn't mean to be rude. To try to fix this, I introduce myself to the class. "Hi everyone, I'm Miles Eaton, and I moved from Florida."

The teacher has a smile back on her face and motions for me to sit in a seat by Jason, who has already sat down. I walk to my seat and nobody tries to trip me! This is amazing.

We start class and nobody even looks at me. It's like I disappear into the background here, which is just what I want. I write down notes as the teacher explains math equations on the board, and I let out a sigh. I hope every class isn't this boring.

I get my wish when it's time for lunch. I'm putting my bag in my locker and retrieving my lunch when a girl with long brown hair and brown eyes pushes me against the lockers. Not this again.

I say the first thing that comes to my mind, "Bitch, did you just push me?"

"Yes I did. You aren't allowed to be friends with Jason, he's my mate," she spits at me, anger clear on her face.

"What the hell are you talking about? What's a mate? You sound insane, girl," I spit right back at her. She sneers and I get deja vu from my old school. They always seem to sneer at me.

"Just stay away." She then walks away, her little posse leaving with her. All but one walk away. The girl who stays behind has tan skin and light brown hair.

Surprisingly, this girl talks to me, "Sorry about Jessica, she's a psycho when it comes to her boyfriend. The only reason she doesn't want you to hang out with him is because she's insecure."

"I'm not gay! I can't believe people keep thinking I am," I mutter angrily. Nothing wrong with being gay, but I'm not.

"Don't worry, I didn't think you were. Jason is bisexual and open about it so she's worried he will find someone better than her, she's nice when you get to know her," she explains, clearing the air. That makes sense, I forgive Jessica for pushing me. I hope we can become friends in the future.

"Oh cool..." I trail off, not knowing what to say.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Amber! I hope to see you around!" She's says while walking backwards. She runs into someone who gives her a glare, but she just laughs it off. I laugh at her, chuckling at her antics.

She gives me one last wave before walking off. I chuckle to myself, at least this year won't be boring.