Chapter 14

Calvin's POV

It's time to get Miles' belongings from his house. Miles insisted that he should come along, but I made the point that his parents might be there and he immediately agreed that going wasn't a good idea.

It's the weekend, so his parents aren't working. I bring Kevin and Layton, who both can be intimidating. Kevin can if he tries really hard.

I leave Miles in the hands of my brother, trusting that he will take good care of him.

We are off to my black truck, me getting in the drivers seat, Layton in the passengers seat, and Kevin in the backseat. Kevin called shotgun but one look from Layton made him climb to the backseat.

I turn on the radio to a low volume, not needing it to be loud with our werewolf hearing. The car soon becomes loud when Kevin starts screeching out a Miley Cyrus song.

He sings loudly, causing my ears to almost burst painfully. His singing also isn't good. He's quite bad.

Layton says lowly, "Shut up." The warning in his tone is enough to scare Kevin into being quiet, which is no small feat.

The ten minute drive is a long one full of silence. Nothing but the radio making any noise.

Once we arrive, I pull into the driveway. Getting out of the car, I see lights on in the house. This means they are home. Fun.

I knock on the door with a hard fist. My fists are clenched, ready to hit someone at anytime.

His mother answers the door, and looks up at me with wide eyes. She ushers me into the house, the boys following me inside quietly. She motions for us to be quiet and to follow her.

She climbs up the stairs and leads us to a room that smells of Miles. This must be his room. She grabs a duffel bag out of his closet and hands it to us.

I immediately start grabbing clothes and stuffing them in his bag. He doesn't have many clothes so most of them fit. I look over to his desk and see a picture of him and a boy. The boy has red hair and brown eyes. Miles must have been six in this picture. I wonder who the boy is?

I stick the picture frame into the bag, and grab any thing that seems to be of value to him. Not forgetting to grab his school bag, we leave the room and go to the stairs. Once we arrive at the stairs, I look down them and see Miles' father. He seems to be very angry.

He looks at me with rage in his eyes, and yells, "You! You are the fag that turned my son gay!"

I respond just as angrily, "I didn't do anything to your son but make him happy!"

This is the man that caused my little rabbit to be traumatized. Miles now flinches away from my touch, he's scared to look me in the eyes, he's so insecure. This man has ruined my sweethearts life.

I walk down the stairs, trying to keep my calm. I have Kevin carrying the duffel bag and Layton carrying the backpack.

I arrive at the bottom of the stairs, and get into his face, "If you lay one hand on Miles again, you will have me to deal with."

Miles' father must not have liked me saying that because he raises his fist with intent to hit me. I dodge the swing quickly, grabbing his fist and putting his arm behind his back in an uncomfortable position. I push up, causing him to yelp in pain.

"If you try anything ever again, I will have you thrown into jail. I don't think they would go easy on you in there," I spit at him with venom in my voice. I let go of his arm, and like the coward he is, he walks back into the kitchen.

Miles' mother leads me out, giving me a silent nod. I nod back, but I'm still mad at her for standing by and watching her son get hit and kicked out of the house.

This isn't exactly the way I thought I'd meet my mate's parents.