Chapter 15

Miles' POV

I've been getting used to living with Calvin. I've gotten to know that he makes sure to keep the suite completely spotless. He also goes off into his office for a long periods of time. I don't know what he's doing, I guess some mayor stuff.

I often go downstairs to hang out with Jason, Jessica, and Amber. We've gotten quite close living in the same house and eating together for every meal.

We hang out with each other at school. At lunch, I hang out with Jason, Amber, Jessica, and Jessica's friends, Tiffany and Layla.

They all apologized for how they acted towards me the first day we met, they were just trying to have Jessica's back. I gave them a small scare by saying, "I don't forgive you." Their faces were priceless! I quickly started laughing and forgave them.

Now I'm at the huge house, hanging out in Calvin and I's room. We share a room, I enjoy being held when falling asleep because it makes me feel safe. I need to feel like that during times like these.

I'm scared that my parents will show up out of no where. I have a feeling that they aren't done with me yet.

All of a sudden I hear a loud siren, causing my ears to ring. It sounds like an alarm for the house! Someone must be breaking in.

Calvin runs in quickly, out of breath and sweating. He's shirtless and only wearing basketball shorts, but I have no time to drool over his body. He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room.

We run down the stairs, Calvin not explaining a thing. I yell over all the noise, "Calvin, what's happening?"

He looks at me and shakes his head, keeping on running. I look out into the woods and see loads of wolves running into the trees? Where did they come from? All of a sudden I see one of the members of the house I've gotten to know over dinner, change into a wolf? What just happened? I must be hallucinating.

We make it to this private room, with all kinds of locks and a passcode to enter. This must be a safe room.

We walk in and I look around. The room is cramped full of women and children, and a few men. What did I just witness?

"Calvin, why did I just see Joe turn into a wolf?" I ask suspiciously.

"You didn't," he says quickly, turning back and looking at the door and then back to me. "I'll explain everything to you when I get back, but I must go, we are being attacked."

Attacked? He turns and walks out the door, leaving me all alone, standing in the middle of the crowded room. Someone comes up and gently touches my shoulder, causing my to flinch away. I'm not okay.

I just saw something impossible, and my one lifeline just left me all alone.

Distantly, I hear, "Miles, you look pale, do you want to sit down?"

Not really aware of what I'm doing, I'm led to a corner and I sit down. I wrap my arms around myself and curl into a ball. I think I'm going insane. I rock back and forth, trying to calm myself down. I can feel a panic attack forming.

My breathing is getting heavy and I can feel my heart racing. My hands are getting clammy and I can feel tears form in my eyes. My breaths get heavier and heavier, me not being about to calm myself down.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp a pain running through my left side. This makes everything worse. I let out a quiet scream, my voice being strained from my heavy breathing. I feel Amber and Jessica rush over to me, rubbing my back, trying to soothe me.

I need one thing and one thing only. Calvin.