Chapter 25

Miles' POV

Calvin and I are currently practicing my fighting. If I'm going to be a protector, I need to know how to fight.

After teaching me the proper stances and techniques, we dived right in to play fighting.

"I promise I won't hurt you too bad," Calvin smirks, knowing he could beat me.

"I'd like to see you try, old man," I taunt, not wanting him to go easy on me.

His eyes widen and his face quickly changes into a serious one, ready for the fight.

I've been told to never make the first move, so I wait for Calvin to attack. He comes at me with his fist raised, reminding me of when I got beat by my father. I flinch away, as tears start streaming down my cheeks. How could my own father do this to me? What did I ever do to him?

Calvin quickly halts, coming up to embrace me instead of hit me. I hide my head in his chest, not being able to reach his shoulder. I wrap my arms around him tightly, wanting to feel comforted, like I'm here with him and not back with my father.

"Rabbit, it's okay, I won't hurt you like your father did," Calvin says softly, running his hand in my hair. I practically purr at the feeling of his hand going through my hair and scratching my scalp.

"I'm okay... Let's try this again," I say, full of determination. I can do this. I won't let that evil man run my life.

Calvin steps away and I immediately miss his touch. I have to win. I have to prove that I'm not weak.

Calvin and I get back into our fighting stance, circling each other. He makes the first move, coming after me and throws a punch towards my face. It doesn't land, I quickly dodge. I dodge faster than a normal werewolf would be able to. I guess super speed is one of my powers.

Calvin's looks at me with shock, and I use this distraction to run up to him and land two punches to his stomach. He quickly gets away from me, and we go back to circling each other.

I get this instinctual feeling that I should attack. So I listen.

I run at him and throw a fake punch to his face. While he blocks, I get low to the ground and kick his feet out from under him with one swift motion.

He falls harshly, and soon starts laughing. I laugh with him, not only proud that I could beat him, but happy that he's not mad at me for beating him.

"Come here, little rabbit, I want to hold you," Calvin says with a pout on his face, making grabby hands at me.

I chuckle at his childish ways and walk over to him. He knocks me off of my feet, and I fall straight on to him. He doesn't even grunt, he just holds me like his life depends on it.

"Is everything okay, wolfie?" I ask, worried why he is hugging me so tight.

"I just don't want to lose you. Now that you are a protector, you will be put in situations where you can get hurt, and I just want to hide you away from the world to prevent that. I can't lose you like I've lost everyone else," he says sadly, his pain clear in his voice. This has really been worrying him.

"Calvin, I promise you will never lose me. I will always be here for you. Now that I've been blessed, I can take care of myself. I won't ever leave you. I love you," I say, my voice showing my love and care for him.

"I love you too, my little rabbit," he says as he leans in and gives me a loving kiss. I can feel his emotions through the bond. Worry, love, and care all show through.

We kiss until the sun starts to set, and we just watch it peacefully. We are deep in the woods so no one would see us practice, in the clearing where we had our picnic.

The sky turns into beautiful pinks and oranges, before transitioning into pinks, purples and blues.

It's the second most beautiful sight I've ever seen, the first being Calvin.