Chapter 13

Miles' POV

I wake up enveloped in warmth, feeling safer than I ever have before. I snuggle closer into this warmth, enjoying the feeling of security.

I suddenly remember everything that happened last night. My parents kicking me out, my dazed walk to Calvin's house, the wolf with the gorgeous yellow eyes, and confessing my feelings for Calvin.

I look over and see Calvin looking down at me. When our eyes connect, he smiles a bright smile, distracting me for a moment. I don't know the moment I finally accepted my feelings for Calvin, but now I'm fully comfortable. He just makes me feel so safe and loved, something I've never experienced before.

I cuddle closer into his naked chest. Wait, his naked chest? When did I fall asleep and when did he get undressed? I look down and see he's only in his boxers. I can see a faint outline of his... thing.

I realize I'm staring when Calvin taps me on the nose. I quickly look up to his eyes, an embarrassed blush appearing on my cheeks. He smirks and says, "Eyes up here, rabbit. Don't want you to drool."

Rolling my eyes at his small joke, I wipe at my chin to see if there was any drool. There wasn't.

Soon, Calvin is full on laughing at me. "You... you actually thought... You wiped your drool when there was none!" He says in between laughs.

Rolling my eyes again, I move to get up. Calvin immediately pulls me back down into his chest, holding me close. "I didn't mean to laugh at you, please don't leave."

Now it's my turn to smirk, "If you don't want me to pee on you, I'd let me up."

He quickly let's go and practically pushes me off the bed. Laughing at his antics, I get up and go to the bathroom to relieve myself.

I find a packaged up toothbrush so I grab it and brush my teeth. It would be so embarrassing if I had morning breath.

I walk back into the room and see Calvin unmoved. I let him know I'm out of the bathroom and he gets up to do his business.

I head over to the kitchen and make the only things I know how to; scrambled eggs. Eggs are easy enough, and if Calvin wants more, he can help me fix it.

Calvin walks out of his bedroom, not bothering to put on anything but a pair of black sweatpants. His chiseled chest is on full display for me to stare at.

This time, I'm pretty sure I drooled.

"The eggs will burn if you keep staring," Calvin gives me a sly grin. Blushing and turning back to the eggs, I work on finishing them up.

While I'm cooking the eggs, Calvin moves beside me and puts bacon on a pan. He turns on the stove and they soon start sizzling.

While I plate the eggs, Calvin comes up behind me and hugs my waist, putting his chin on my head. I lean back into his chest, enjoying the comfort he provides.

He quickly flips the bacon and goes back to hugging me. I turn around after I finished putting the eggs on the plate. I put my lips on his, putting all my gratefulness into the kiss. Pulling away, I take the bacon off the stove and plate it with the eggs.

We sit down at the island and eat the breakfast. I don't eat much, Calvin eating the majority of the food. He asks me if I want more before he takes any, so he isn't stealing food I want.

Finishing our breakfast, I mention, "I don't have any clothes to change into."

His face scrunches up as if he's thinking really hard. His face then turns into one of disbelief, saying, "I never let you know that you can stay here! I hope you know that you are welcomed here for the rest of your life. You will always have a place with me."

Hearing him say that, I walk up and hug him. I walk right into his arms, wanting to feel his touch. I rest my cheek on his chest, warmth radiating off of him.

Soon, I start crying. I couldn't hold back my tears, and now I'm making his eight pack wet. My tears fall and roll down his chest, watching the water fall calming me down a little.

He hugs me for as long as I need him. He wouldn't be the first to pull away, wanting to be there for me. I finally pull away when I'm sniffling into his bare chest. I look up at him with watery eyes, "I'm just so grateful for you. I don't know what I ever did to deserve someone like you."

"Rabbit, you will always deserve me. You have a kind, gentle soul and care so much about everyone. Your are forgiving, and just so sweet. And as a bonus, you are so stunningly attractive. I don't deserve someone as amazing as you," he rants, looking me in the eyes the whole time.

I think about my feelings towards this wonderful man. He makes me feel amazing, like I've never felt before. He makes me feel safe and secure, like I finally belong. He doesn't belittle me like my parents always did, and he's always there for me. It's time to confess my feelings.

"I know I just met you, but I think I like like you."