Chapter 27

“Which one are you going to take?”Harry asked Devan knowing they had to deal with the boys eventually.

“I guess Zayn; I always talk to Niall so I haven’t really gotten to talk to Zayn.” Devan responded

“Looks like I’m with Niall.” Harry said and began to walk down the hall to where Niall was.

“Zayn, What happened?” Devan asked concerned for the older boy, he was sitting on the chair in the corner of the room. His eyes were red, and so was his hand.

“Stephanie happened.” He stated bluntly.

“I mean to your hand.”

“Nothing.” He said covering it up.

“And what about Stephanie?” Devan asked returning to the real reason why she was here.

“I don’t know anymore. I love her, I really do. But she lied to me; she didn’t tell me they kissed. They could have told me, but she didn’t. I trusted her with everything; she was the one person I could always count on, but not anymore. Every time I get close to someone they hurt me, and I can’t deal with that anymore. I just want to have someone that I can tell everything and trust them no matter what, and obviously Stephanie is not that person.”  He didn’t want to end it, but he knew he would be upset with her. He didn’t want to stay in a relationship that he didn’t enjoy, the one thing he hated most was liars and she lied to him.

“Hey Niall.” Harry said closing the door behind him. “What’s up?”

Niall looked up at him, his blue eyes darker than usual he sat on the end of the bed.

“I can’t get Steph out of my head. Her smile, her eyes, her everything, she is what I always wanted and I have to watch her be happy with someone else all the time. How would you feel if the girl you loved was all over your best friend?!” Niall shouted the last part a little in an attempt to get his point across.

Zayn continued to tell Devan everything that was on his mind, they hadn't really been that close but it was nice for him to be able to tell her whatever he was thinking. 

"I think you need to go to the hotel, cool off and talk to Steph in the morning when you are both a bit calmer." Devan told him worried about what would happen if they were to speak now.

"I guess." Zayn said running his hand through his already disheveled hair.

"Trust me I-"

"I do." He interrupted her.

"What?"

"I said I do trust you, I know we haven't been the closest but you have always been a good friend. Not only to me but Steph and the boys. You never told anyone about the whole thing with Perrie." Zayn told her.

"Well I hate liars to; I guess we have something in common." Devan knew by what he said before and everything that had happened since they met that Zayn didn't trust someone too easily, and that's why when Stephanie lied to him it hurt him so much. Devan now had his trust and she knew it wasn't something to mess around with, she wanted him to be comfortable around her, after all she was dating one of his band mates and best friends Harry Styles.

He just gave her a smile and began to look down at his hand that had blood on it.

"I guess I should clean this up." He said letting out a small chuckle.

"Yeah." She said laughing back. "So you'll talk to Steph tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, I'll wait for tomorrow." They called for Paul to come pick him up. About 20 minutes later they heard a car honk outside. He stood up and began to walk to the door, he was about to walk out when he turned back and hugged Devan.

"Thanks." He said, and he left the house. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She shut the door and leaned against it.

One down one to go. She thought to herself as she walked to the kitchen to get something to drink.

“I know it must suck. If Devan were all over one the boys I would be upset too. You just need to prove to her that you love her, if she is meant to be with you then she will be.” Harry told his friend, thinking about how that last part sounded like something Zayn would say.

“I know, I just don't know what to do anymore. I love her, but Zayn is my best friend, I want to be with her."

"Go tell her you love her. Sitting down here crying while she is upstairs crying isn't going to solve anything." 

“I will.

Niall stood up without saying another word an exited the room, he walked right upstairs to where Stephanie was.

Devan heard Niall leave the room and went to go find Harry.

She made her way down the long hallway before she finally reached the room where her boyfriend was. She peeked her head in and saw him laying on the bed.

“Dev?” He asked as he heard the door open.

“Hey babe.” She replied, she walked over and laid down next to him resting her head on his shoulder and laying her arm across his torso. He wrapped his arm her and she moved in closer.

“So how was Zayn?” He asked.

“Upset, he’s going to talk to Steph about Niall tomorrow, but I think they’re over. What about Niall?”

“He was upset too, he said he loved her. So I told him to tell her and if she feels the same way, all I know is I’m done playing parent for the night so let’s just see what happens in the morning.” He finished before pulling the blanket over the two of them.

Niall paused as he got to her door, taking a deep breath before lightly knocking as he slowly opened it.

He saw her lying facing him. She lifted her head up and saw Niall slowly walking over to her, she quickly turned over trying to ignore that he was even there.

"Steph?" He questioned.

She shut her eyes tightly as his Irish accent filled the room.

“I know you’re awake.” He stated letting her know that he wasn’t leaving anytime soon.

Stephanie just pulled the blanket up a little higher, ignoring him once more.

“I just want to talk to you.” She could hear in his voice that he was upset, but so was she and she didn’t know what to do. “If you don’t want to talk to me, at least just listen.” She relaxed a little curious as to what he was going to say.

“I love you Stephanie.”