Chapter 31

“I-uh-uh what did you say?” Stephanie questioned her mind going blank.

“Look Stephanie, you need to pick.” Zayn said bluntly.

“Yeah you can’t just keep stringing up along.” Niall added.

The rest of them stood there in shock watching the story unfold in front of them.

“Well.” That was all she could say, she didn’t know what else to do.

“Can I-“She began.

“No Stephanie, pick now.” Niall knew what she was going to say and didn’t want to hear her excuses. They wanted an honest answer and they wanted it now. Stephanie gave a pleading look to Devan who just shrugged her shoulders. At this point it was completely up to Stephanie what she was going to do? who she was going to choose?

“Neither.” She blurted out; she knew that wasn’t the right answer and that the boys wouldn’t let her slide that easy. They knew she wanted to be with both of them, but she had to choose the one she wanted more.

“Nope.” Zayn shook his head.

“Look Stephanie we both want you to be happy, and if it means you don’t have to be with me to be happy then be with Zayn but you and I both know you won’t be happy without either of us. So please Stephanie, for all of us choose someone.” He was looking right at Stephanie and she stood there like a deer in headlights, feeling like he was staring into her soul.

Zayn didn’t have anything to say, he didn’t want to say anything. He wanted to know who she would pick and that was it but apparently Niall had a lot more to say about the matter.

“Stephanie, I understand if you want to be with Zayn. He’s the better option.” Zayn and Stephanie couldn’t believe what they were hearing, that Niall was actually talking bad about himself to her.

“He’s got the better body, the nicer hair, better looking. He’s funny, he cares for you, and he’s a better singer. He will always be better than me.” Niall said it all so quick that no one could stop him; they didn’t even know how to react because they could see that he really meant the things he was saying.

Stephanie couldn’t stand to see him like that. She took a step forward and before she knew it she was enveloping Niall into a hug, telling him the things he desperately needed to hear “Niall you know none of that is true right? Please tell me you don’t think of yourself like that.” It hurt her to know that he thought of himself so badly.

“So I guess you choose.” Zayn said as he awkwardly stood next to them.

Stephanie eyes widened as she realized that she did just choose and she choose Niall.

“I guess I did.” She said looking over to him holding onto Niall’s hand.

Niall couldn’t help but let a smile creep onto his face at the thought that he was now Stephanie’s and she was now his.

“So.” Louis broke the silence. “Is everything good now?” he said with a hopeful look.

Niall turned to Zayn “I’m cool if you’re cool.”

“Just give me some time to get used to it…deal?” Zayn asked back.

“Deal.” Niall said smiling shaking Zayn’s hand but Zayn pulled Niall into a hug.

“Just promise me you’ll take care of her.” Zayn whispered so only Niall could hear.

“Promise.” Niall said smiling.

The other boys high-fived as well and the “family” was reunited for the second time that day.

The day that brought sad memories to Zayn and Niall was now the day that five friends realized that they were family and that nothing could tear them apart.