Chapter 28

Her eyes shot open and she sat up quickly.

“What?!” She questioned loudly.

“I love you Stephanie.  I have loved you since the day we sat in Devan’s basement and you held my hand. “

She didn’t say anything; she didn’t know what to say.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t remember Steph, her brothers came down to meet us and I tensed up a little. You held my hand and got me to relax. Or what about when Sean died and you were the first one there for me. You hugged me and told me it was okay and helped me. Your word stuck with me Steph, without you and the things you said I don’t know if I would have made it through the funeral. You know how much it hurts to lose someone your close to, and now I’m scared that I’m going to lose you too.”

“You won’t Niall. I promise.” It was the first thing she had said to him since he walked into the room, this was also the first time she saw him since he walked in. She saw his dirty blonde hair disheveled on top of his head, his usually bright blue eyes bloodshot.

“What?” Now it was his turn to question her.

“You won’t lose me, and I don’t want to lose you.” Her words began to give Niall hope, hope that maybe she would choose him over Zayn. “But I just don’t know what to do right now.” And all the hope he had was gone.

“Fine.” He began to walk towards the door angry and upset.

“Niall wait!” Stephanie called out.

“No Stephanie! I’m done waiting for you!” He slammed the door behind him and began to run down the stairs.

Harry got out of the bed when he heard Niall coming down the stairs.

“Niall!” Harry called as he followed his friend outside. “What happened?”

“Nothing. Let’s go.” He said wiping his eyes once more.

Harry agreed and got into the car, they made their way back to the hotel in silence except for the words Niall was mumbling to himself.

“See you in the morning?” Harry asked as they reached their floor at the hotel.

“Yeah, whatever.” Niall sighed to himself and made his way to his room.

Harry walked to his room relived that the night was finally over.

*2 AM*

Zayn made his way down the corridor to the elevator staring at the pattern on the carpeted floor as he walked, he couldn’t sleep so he figured he might as well go out for a cigarette just to relieve some stress.

The cool air hit his skin as the automatic door slid open; he began to walk down the street only stopping once to light his cigarette. He slid his hood over his head to block the cold air.

“Why doesn’t she love me?” He heard a familiar voice slur.

He looked down to see Niall sitting at the side of a building with a bottle of something that was empty.

“Niall? What the hell are you doing mate?!” He looked down still angry at the boy.

“She hates me, so what else is there.” He slurred his words again and he began to shut his eyes.

Zayn sighed to himself and took a deep breath while he stomped his cigarette onto the pavement.

“Let’s go.” He bent down helping the drunken Irish man up.

 Niall wrapped his arm around Zayn’s neck leaning on him for support while he stumbled back to hotel.

Zayn couldn’t believe he was helping him out after everything that happened that day, but they were like brothers and he couldn’t leave him in the street like that.