CH. 16

____

(Y/n) glanced at Midnight, who stood beside her waiting to hear her chosen name, and then to all her classmates. She felt ready when she was at her desk with her whiteboard but now that she was at the podium, her confidence left her.

"Go ahead." Midnight smiled reassuringly and (Y/n) placed the board on the wooden ledge.

The black dry erase writing faced the rest of the students, revealing the hero name she chose. The pro hero looked at the writing then to the girl with the nervous smile on her face, "'Voyager'? What made you choose that?"

(Y/n) turned her gaze to the black haired teacher, shrugging her shoulders. "I guess I like the way it sounds, it has a nice ring to it too." She uttered and Midnight.

"Good, it sounds great and you like it! I approve!" She affirmed making (Y/n) sigh in relief. She seen the way some of her classmates were criticized and was glad she didn't have to experience it.

(Y/n) made her way back to her seat and glanced at the desk next to hers, pursing her lips at the emptiness.

"We haven't seen her in a while, Young Voyager." Skeets pointed out while (Y/n) nodded in agreement as she sat down at her desk.

Mari had been MIA since the Sports Festival, not showing up at school that day and further worrying (Y/n). She wasn't able to see that a few pro's wanted her to intern under them or pick her hero name.

"I'm sure she's just running late, Skeets. She's strong enough to take care of herself." (Y/n) murmured and the robot sighed to himself. "Now to know who I'm going to be interning with."

(Y/n) sat down across from Hitoshi, a concerned expression on her face. The indigo haired boy rose a brow at her sudden appearance at his lonely table.

"First of all, you need to talk to Mr. Aizawa." She ordered making him narrow his eyes at her. It wasn't exactly the best thing to start a conversation with.

"Why is that?" He asked and (Y/n) smiled nervously at him. "What did you do, (L/n)?"

She sent him an offended look before sighing, "If you don't talk to him by the end of the week, I'll be expelled and you won't be able to get into the Hero Course."

Hitoshi's eyes widened for split second but they quickly went back to normal, his usual laidback face not breaking.

"I won't be able to help you with it because I'll be doing my internship, but I'm sure you'll do fine, right?" (Y/n) offered making him raise a hand up to rub his face.

"Second, do you know where Mari is? I haven't seen her since the Sports Festival." She asked while shoving a piece of food in her mouth. She was worried now, once she got the chance to think it over the emotion overwhelmed her.

Hitoshi glanced around him for any eavesdroppers before leaning forward. "No, the last time I seen her was when she ran off after her match against Midoriya." He informed and (Y/n) dropped her head in her hands.

"Shit." She cursed making the General Ed student tilt his head. "This is all because of me."

"What do you mean, (L/n)?" He questioned and (Y/n) looked back up at him with pursed lips.