CH. 19

____
Hitoshi couldn't believe it. He didn't believe it, all heroes were killed at one point? That's something that could never happen, especially if All Might was such a big influence on people.

"You're lying." He denied making (Y/n) roll her eyes at him. She stepped closer to the railing and looked around for something, eventually finding it then pointing to it.

"You see that?" She muttered while Hitoshi leaned over to see what she was pointing at. An old billboard, the person on it looked familiar but they were too old for him to figure out who it was. His black hair had an almost green tint to it and a hint of freckles were on his pale skin.

(Y/n) noticed it, frowning before lowering her hand, "That's one of Midoriya's sons. He fought for Quirks to be legal again, because now they are something that are getting people killed." She explained while the indigo haired boy looked at the last remaining Midoriya.

"Then how did every hero get killed?" He questioned and (Y/n) pursed her lips. She wasn't that educated on the matter, but Hitoshi didn't seem to care.

"Most of the worlds heroes were on the front lines of a war." She began as she went tried her best to remember how the story went. "Villains like Overh—scratch that, they thought of Quirks as a curse. The heroes were killed after they got their Quirks erased by a weapon the government created after villains got to be too bad."

Hitoshi let every word she spoke sink in, taking interest in one of the things said. "Well, what was this—!" He was cut off by himself coughing, covering his mouth and turning away. (Y/n) tensed at the suddenness of his coughing. "Weapon?" He finished after he stopped coughing up a lung.

"After a villain attack in your time, Quirk erasing drugs were soon a normal thing. If you didn't want one or didn't like your Quirk, you could easily get it erased at the doctors." She explained and Hitoshi's face morphed into one of disbelief.

(Y/n) clenched her fists at the thought of it. Why erase something that made you who you are? "The government seen how little people would get rid of their Quirks and thought of it as a threat. They created a monster even bigger than a time-machine."

"If heroes were to turn against the government, or villains decided to attack, they would launch a Quirk erasing atomic bomb." She pulled Hitoshi to the other side of the rooftop, showing the outside of the city.

There was nothing but blackened grass and fallen trees, nothing in sight for miles. There wasn't any roads or buildings and people avoided going to the area like the plague. Hitoshi looked down to see the ground below them, finding that there was a wall keeping people from going near it.

"This used to be a war zone, it went on for months until the villains brought in the bomb. Think of the worst power plant incident and times that by ten. With the amount of radiation, you wouldn't be leaving if you stepped foot inside the barrier." (Y/n) stated while lightly knocking against the invisible shield that kept them safe from the radiation.

Hitoshi concealed another cough, rubbing his rain-soaked shirt where his chest was, "So you're telling me I'm going to get radiation sickness? That's why I'm coughing?" He choked out making her snort and shake her head.

"No, the worst that'll happen is a cough and it may get harder to breath." (Y/n) smiled then jumped when Mari suddenly appeared from the rooftop entrance of the building.