Cave Hymn

The sunlight filtered through the gloom of the cave entrance, illuminating only the faintest bit of the dark hollow. Water dripped from the stalactites and echoed through the ancient gypsum walls. Another sound could be heard reverberating throughout the interior. The fall of two feet on the stony floor. One heavy, one almost silent. The tiniest sound of wings flapping could also be heard.

"Helloooo?" Adorabat yelled, piercing the silence. "HELLOOOO!" Her shrill voice nearly broke Badgerclops' and Mao Mao's ears. She listened eagerly in the silence. Then, her shout echoed back. Adorabat giggled.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" She screeched again. It was like she was talking with someone who was lost in this cave. But really, it was just her and her echoes. After a few more seconds of quietness, her question bounced back. She readied for another yell, but was quickly stopped by Badgerclops clamping his hand over her mouth.

"Adorabat, can you PLEASE not scream again." He said. "It's really, really loud dude."

"Oh, okay," Adorabat removed Badgerclops' hand. "You could've asked, you know." With that, she began to hum a little tune. Mao Mao glazed over the map, his eyes scanning the pathways that were drawn with pencil in the darkness. The king had been looking through the palace's old library, and stumbled across a map. It described a path to what was assumed to be a treasure based on the bright red X on it. A sentence was written in ink was on the top right in cursive also supported it.

The greatest treasure to both you and me. - Purpin

Looking through the Snugglemane family tree, Badgerclops and Mao Mao theorized that the map was made by the king's great-grandfather Purpin Smugglemane. King Snugglemane wanted to find this treasure and put it in his family's treasury.

"Whatever it is," he said. "It must be found! No other Snugglemane has forgotten to put their valuables in it. So, Sheriff, can you and your comrades locate it?" With that, the trio headed out to the nearby caves to find it.

Badgerclops and Adorabat peered down at the map. "So we must be right here." Badgerclops pointed at the fork in the road. "And the treasure is right here." He tapped the X. "So we have to go this way." He pointed his mechanical arm, which had turned into a flashlight.

"No, we have to go this way!" Adorabat protested. "That way is the wrong way."

"Yeah?" Badgerclops turned to her. "How do you know?"

"Because I'm a bat and you're not." She spoke in a factual tone. "C'mon, let's go!" With that, the little bat flew into the dark. Badgerclops opened his mouth to say something, but he sighed and followed after Mao Mao.

The tunnel was illuminated by the light of Badgerclops' flashlight. But after trekking through the dark for a couple of minutes, Mao Mao noticed a dim light at the end. Exiting the underpass, the group found themselves in a beautiful cave chamber.