Rain Dance

The pattering of rain against the slick-wet cobblestone pathways filled the air as Badgerclops, Mao Mao, and Adorabat walked down the street. The sky overhead was filled with gray and white clouds that drizzled softly, and the scent of petrichor was abundant. Before the downpour had gotten to the level of gentleness, it had been a raging tempest that lashed and bombarded Pure Heart Valley with heavy rain, to the point where it could've possibly become a flood. However, that was what the gutter systems were for. Soon enough, the rainfall slowly calmed down, and soon enough only the light tapping of raindrops on the window.

"We should go outside!" Adorabat had suggested when they were in the HQ. "We could go for a walk!"

"That sounds fun." Badgerclops said. "We should do that!"

"What? No way!" Mao Mao argued. "It's still far too cold outside and Adorabat could get sick and-" Badgerclops put his hand over Mao Mao's mouth, stopping him.

"I know you want to come too dude." Badgerclops withdrew his hand. "Don't worry. If Adorabat gets sick, you know that it's not gonna be that bad."

"...Okay, fine," Mao Mao sighed. "But Adorabat has to be fully dressed, alright?" He rushed to the closet and picked out a handful of raincoats, gloves, rain pants, socks, and boots, and after he was done, Adorabat looked more like a yellow ball of fabric than a bat.

"Uh, bro," Badgerclops chuckled. "I think you overdid it." He removed all of the excessive raincoats and after he finished, Adorabat looked more like herself than a ball, wearing only one yellow raincoat and rubber boots.

"Thanks Badgerclops," Adorabat gasped for air. "I felt like I was going to get crushed."

"But that's too little!" Mao Mao protested. "She'll easily get chilled!"

"Mao Mao, it's fine," Adorabat said. "I'll be okay."

"You sure?" Mao Mao asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Adorabat replied.

"Alright then," Badgerclops clapped his hand. "Let's head outside." With that, Badgerclops and Mao Mao put on their raincoats, Mao Mao's obviously being velvet-colored. Grabbing an umbrella, the trio headed out, walking down the trail. The perfume of wet earth and rainwater were on the tips of every tree's tongue as their wet leaves dripped water. The sound of birds and bugs chirping in the forest added on to the pleasant pitter-patter of the drizzle. The dirt trail down to the valley was filled with multiple muddy puddles, and Adorabat couldn't resist leaping into them and splashing water all around. She laughed as they continued down the road, slowly entering the plaza. A few sweetiepies milled about, such as Chubbum and Kevin hopping into puddles, Penny and Benny walking around together, and Ol' Blue sitting on a bench, completely in his element.

"Oh hey Adorabat!" Chubbum waved to her. "Come and play with us!"

Adorabat turned to Mao Mao, who nodded. "Go and play." Adorabat ran over to Lucky and Chubbum, while Badgerclops motioned to Mao Mao to walk with him. The duo wandered down the street as the rain continued to rivulet down from the sky. Mao Mao leaned against Badgerclops shoulder as their feet carried them across the stone path; Mao Mao wasn't quite looking where they were going. Soon enough, the rocky ground transitioned into a gravel path, and Mao Mao looked up, realizing that Badgerclops had taken him to the park. Badgerclops smiled as they sat down on a bench and stayed there, watching the rain drip all over the playground.

"You know, it's times like these that I wish I could float away." Badgerclops whispered.

"Me too." Mao Mao inched closer to Badgerclops.

"Hey, don't fall asleep now," Badgerclops said. "I'm not gonna carry you all the way home if you do."

"Well, what can I do?" Mao Mao asked. "Being here with you, in a place where no one else is near except you." He continued snuggling into Badgerclops shoulder. Badgerclops was about to let Mao Mao continue, but then an idea came to him. He quietly clicked a few buttons, and after a few seconds, a voice could be heard going "Doo-doo-doo-doo,". Mao Mao was about to ask what it was, but Badgerclops sprang, and with him, Mao Mao.