An unexpected call

A young man with dark hair and eyes hands you a slip of paper with your code to access the photo's online. Numbly you take it from him, he's giving you instructions on how to order prints, but he sounds far away like he's underwater. You stare into space, unseeing, as people jostle around you progressing to the exit.

" What did he say to you?" Y/B/N hisses, they appear out of nowhere clutching your arm, dragging you out of the room. You stumble over your shoes and exit into an arena full of stalls and crowds of chattering people wearing cosplay.

" Tom Holland, wanted my number."

Your friend stops walking, yanking you to a standstill.

" What!"

" I know... I don't even believe it myself," your voice trails off, as a screaming boy in an iron man suit is hauled past by his annoyed father.

" Are you for real? What did he say to you?" Y/BF/N is still clutching your arm, nails digging in.

" Ow," you shake off your best friends grip.

" Sorry."

" I don't know if you'll believe what I have to say- it's so crazy," you shake your head, hand going to your forehead as you look around yourself in an attempt to bring yourself back down to earth.

" Tell me," your friend begs.

" Ok, remember how I mentioned a dream this morning that had Tom Holland in it?" You both stroll toward a café,  the smell of coffee and creamy pastry luring you, your stomach rumbles.

" Yeah."

You pause, unable to say anything.

" Spit it out!"

"Tom, had the same dream. I know, I know, it's so crazy!" Your friends mouth gapes open and shut, like a fish.

" Are you serious?"

"Yeah," you exhale, shaking your head.

" What was in the dream?"

" Weird stuff, buildings getting blown up."

"Pfft, at least give me some juicy details," your friend snorts. Warmth crawls up your neck as you remember the part where Tom clasped your face in his hands and kissed you, you squirm in embarrassment.

" What if..." Your friend trails off, a strange look on their face.

" What?"

"What if he was just saying that because... you know..." Your friend gives you a wink and a nudge.

Heat races up your cheeks, "I doubt that. He can get whoever he wants, and why would he admit to something so crazy?"

" True... But I think he wants to call you. Why else get your number? But if he does, you have to tell me everything."

You snort, " I don't think he will... It was such a weird conversation. He thought he'd met me before and that's when he said he remembered me from a dream... I don't know, he'll probably forget me."

Your friend is staring at you, admiration in their eyes, " You know, I've never heard of him taking a fans phone number before. Never say never Y/N."

Shaking your head, you refuse to believe that Tom Holland would actually call you. He'll get so busy, probably do more interviews, press and promotion. Then he'll fly away to another location. Your number in his phone forgotten, like a toy in an attic collecting dust.

You both place orders at the café and sit down to a lunch of chicken melts and coffee.

" Do you want to check out the stalls?" You ask your friend.