Closer.

The bell rings for lunch. Thank God.

Exiting your class, you bump shoulders with the other students filing out. Your stomach burns, rumbling with hunger, and you're grateful that no one hears it over the murmurs of students discussing the lecture. Y/BF/N texted you earlier that they'll meet you at Outtakes, the resident café for lunch.

Y/BF/N isn't completing the same degree as you, so it sucks that you don't have them in any of your classes. They're completing a Bachelor of Arts with a major in English, something they're parents have advised is a useless degree, but Y/BF/N has always wanted to be an author or get into publishing.

You walk out into the crowded, stuffy hallway, passing various students in casual clothes, lugging heavy backpacks, some are texting on their phones and others are laughing, and talking in groups.

You exit the building and breathe a sigh of relief, at the fresh air. The sun warms your face, and the smell of fresh grass brings a smile to your lips. You make your way to the café, smiling at various people that you have classes with, while a cool breeze twirls some fallen leaves into a small tornado.

Tornado.

An image of the destructive, tornado from your dream flashes through your mind, the screams of the frightened people as they fled rings in your ears.

" Hey! Y/N where are you going?" A chirpy blond, named Alice sidles up to you. You jump at the sound of her voice, and turn around. Alice is in one of your classes, and is super friendly with everyone.

You shoot her a smile, " Just heading to Outtakes to meet up with Y/BF/N, do you want to join us?"

Alice adjusts her backpack, scrunching her face in thought. " I would, but I'm meeting my girlfriend for lunch in the food court."

" Ok, well tell Tasha I said Hi."

" Will do, and hey, we need to go out again ok. You, Y/BF/N, Tash and I need to hit another bar."

You salute her in agreement, and she waves you off with a smile, departing down a different pathway that leads to the food court.

As much as you want to have lunch with Y/BF/N, you're stressed that you need to somehow find time to research multiverses before your date with Tom tonight. Your stomach flips as you think of seeing Tom again for the third time this week.

Rounding the corner of a white building, with dark windows, Outtakes comes into view. Your best friend is already seated out the front of the already crowded café, the sun beaming down on them. The steel chairs and tables, reflect brightly under the glare of the sun, as groups of students sit down. Your best friend is texting on their phone, sunglasses over their face, and you wish you'd brought yours as well. The smell of coffee and fried food hits you like a punch, causing your mouth to water.

" I'm soo hungry," you whine, dropping your bag next to Y/BF/N.

" Tell me about it," Y/BF/N sighs.

" Have you ordered yet?"

" Nah, I was waiting for you."

You and your best friend discuss what to get for lunch, settling on pizza ( you would've eaten anything at this point) you place the orders, while your best friend minds the table. The sound of orders being shouted, and the hiss off coffee being made, makes you wish that you guys had picked a more quiet place for lunch.

" How were your classes?"

Your best friend answers with a snort and an eye roll, " I think I fell asleep in Academic and Professional Communications. I don't know why I chose that as one of my electives, how was yours?"