The past.

Tyres squealing, the car shoots forward like a bullet. The stench of burnt rubber stings your nostrils, and the moon glows above as Tom speeds onto the highway, narrowly missing another car. A horn blares behind you, and the driver flicks their lights at you, an angry strobe light.

Cars and buildings blur past in streaks of light. The engine revs with each gear change as Tom picks up speed. You have no idea where he's taking you. Your heart feels like it's going to burst, and your stomach churns.

" I think I'm going to be sick," stomach convulsing, you clap a hand over your mouth. Tom shoots you a panicked look, " Can you please pull over?"

" Ok, just a sec," Switching lanes, he glides effortlessly between two cars, then pulls over to the side of the road. Clambering out, you stumble, dropping onto your knees and throw up your dinner onto the side of the road. It burns up your throat, leaving a sour taste in your mouth. Cars whoosh past, and you hear approaching footsteps.

" Are you ok?" A hand pulls back a lock of your hair, your breath mists in front of you, and you shiver from the cold. Car lights sweep past, and all you can do is stare into the darkness, down an empty alleyway filled with stinking trash. You're frozen, unable to get up. Your vision swims as hot tears course down your cheeks, and your chest heaves with each breath. Face flaming with embarrassment you realise you've thrown up in front of Tom Holland on what was supposed to be a romantic date, but was now what? A fight for your lives as that guy exploded into flame!

Your face crumples, and you choke on a sob, " What the hell happened?" You feel like you're drowning in a vast ocean, with no idea how to swim to safety. What is happening to the world? To me? You feel like tearing your hair out and screaming.

Vaguely, you feel the bite of cement stinging your knees, but you don't care.

" Tom what the hell was that? What was that guy? What the hell am I? That energy stuff we dreamed about came out of me!" You wail.

" Hey, hey. It's ok just calm down," Tom kneels down and envelops you in a hug. " It's going to be okay, we'll figure this out." You sob into his shirt, and his arms clasp tighter around you. You feel Tom's head rest on yours, and the warmth from his body, soothes you, making you feel safe. Your heaving chest slows down as you start to breathe normally. Pulling out of the hug, you realise you've left a wet patch of tears on Toms shirt.

" Great, I've ruined your shirt as well. I'm sorry," you stare at his ruined shirt. Could this day get any worse?

Tom chuckles, " It's ok. I'm just worried about you." He brushes a lock of hair from your tear streaked face.

Sniffing, you give Tom a watery smile, and stand up. He stands up also, brushing dirt off his pants. " I'll be fine, I just can't believe I have powers... Like that Storm Lady," you cross your arms around yourself, like it can keep everything in, like it can hold you together.

" And like Human Torch back at the bar," Tom says.

" Human Torch?"

" The guy that burst into flame at the bar, reminds me of the Human Torch out of Fantastic Four."

You shake your head, " What the hell is this? A freaking Marvel movie? Where are all these powers coming from?"

" I don't know Y/N. But now that we know you have powers, it can explain why we've been having dreams. It could be part of your powers... And maybe if you want we could test them out? See what you can do."

" I don't know Tom..."

"I think it'd be a good idea to see what your strengths and limits are. That way you could learn to control your powers. But only if you want to though, either way I'm here for you..."