Back Home.

A wide grin breaks across your face the minute you leave the warehouse. Stepping outside you inhale the fresh air, scenting fresh grass, and hear trees rustling in the breeze. It's overcast but you squint, unused to the light after being captive for four days. Broken mounds of concrete litter the driveway, along with rusted bits of machinery. You glance around at your surroundings, " Where exactly are we?"

" Two hours away from Boston, this used to be an industrial area but some of the companies went bust. So now it's just this," your mom gestures to the wide plains around you. You turn on the spot taking in the acres of green swaying grass dotted with dilapidated warehouses. You look from one end of the road to the other and see more of the same. Looking over your shoulder, you see the warehouse you've just left was one of the largest. Trees and wild shrubs have grown around the edges of it, and weeds poke through the pavement.

" They certainly took you somewhere isolated," Tom murmurs, an angry glint in his eye as he follows your gaze to the warehouse. You loop your hand through his, and he smiles at you. Your footsteps crunching over gravel as you both head to the car. " Well I'm back, safe and sound. Thanks to you," you smile at Tom.

Your mom is up ahead heading towards her car. It's parked in the dirt under the shade of a large tree." Did you swing this whole way?" You ask Tom, amazed that he was able to achieve it over a great distance.

" Yeah. I had a feeling it would get me here faster, plus it's more stealthy," he grins.

" Wow."

You and Tom climb in the car with your mom and she starts the engine, backing out of the dusty driveway. " So Tom, when did you arrive from London?" Your mom asks looking in the rear view mirror. You and Tom nestle against each other in the backseat.

" I got here about four hours ago."

" Four hours ago?"

" Yeah."

" Wow, so you just hopped off the plane and came straight for me?" You lift your head, only now noticing the dark circles under Toms eyes, remembering that he can't sleep on planes. The car bumps along the potholes in the dusty driveway and you both sway with the motion.

" Yeah," he smiles and kisses your forehead, causing a warm feeling to spread in your chest.

" Where's your luggage? Is there a hotel you're staying at? Just so I know where to drop you off," Your mom asks, turning the steering wheel and driving on to the road.

Tom's silent, face burning scarlet, " Well.. I didn't really pack anything, and I haven't really booked anywhere to stay. I just wanted to get to Y/N as quick as possible."

" Oh, Tom," you give him a tender kiss on the lips, heart swelling like a balloon. Tom must really care for you.

" Tom, it would be my pleasure if you stayed with us. If it weren't for you, my daughter... well... I don't know what would've happened," your moms voice shakes and her eyes go to Toms in the rear view mirror.

" Only if it wouldn't be too much trouble? I'll be able to book a hotel for tomorrow."

" You're welcome to stay for as long as you like," your mom says warmly.

" Thank you so much, I appreciate it," Tom smiles.

The car trundles silently on the road and you watch the warehouses and fields fly past. Soon fatigue overtakes you and you fall asleep in Toms arms.

***

When you wake it's dark and you're in your bed. Rolling over onto your back you stretch, feeling better than you have in days. There's voices from the kitchen and the sounds of frying and plates being laid on the table. Toms laugh echoes down the hall and you sit up. Tom's here.