A late night.

" What's this all about?" Toms shoulders stiffen. You gulp, an ants nest in your stomach, your palms break out in a sweat. They're here about that guy blowing up the bar!

Agent Wilson gives Tom a patronizing smile, " We're here about an incident that happened at 5 Sawyers."

Tom's silent, he shoots you a glance, jaw tense. Agent Wilson leans around Tom following his line of vision. His ice blue eyes land on you, and you gulp nervously, " Hello Ma'am, I'd like to ask you and Mr Holland some questions about where you were tonight between the hours of 5:00 and 8:00."

Tom steps in front of him, blocking Wilson's view of you.

" I think I'll call my lawyer, before you ask any more questions," Tom snaps icily, pulling his phone from his back pocket.

Agent Wilson sneers, " That won't be necessary Mr Holland." He turns his head, oily black hair glinting in the light and murmurs instructions to the two burly police officers. They back away down the hall, hands on their holsters and eyes warily trained on Tom.

Tom ignores him, fingers flying over his phone screen. Agent Wilson steps into the apartment. Your eyes widen in shock as he shuts the door and locks it.

" What the fuck do you think you're doing? Get out of here! You can't just come in here without a warrant!" Tom yells, stepping in front of Agent Wilson.

Agent Wilson holds his hands up, " I'm not the enemy Mr Holland. Your lawyer won't be able to help you with this anyway, because the American Government has granted the FBI and CIA special powers in dealing with people who have... abilities," Agent Wilson's gaze lands on you, and you freeze. He knows.

" I don't give a shit, mate. If you lay one hand on her I'll break your jaw!" Tom pokes Agent Wilson hard in the shoulder, causing him to stumble.

Agent Wilson's mouth twists, " Once again, I'm not the enemy." He turns to you, brushing his suit down in an attempt to remain calm and professional, " I just want to stress to you ma'am that you aren't in any trouble at the moment. If you co-operate and answer my questions, there won't be any issues."

Tom whirls around, " Don't say anything, they can use it against you, you have the right to remain silent."

Agent Wilson chuckles, " Actually she doesn't, as per the New Human Species bill which allows me to interrogate her how I wish. It's clear by your hostile manner Mr Holland that traditional means of questioning will be futile, so this is how it's going to go," sauntering over he sits down on the sofa, and pulls out a notebook and pen.

He looks up at you, " You're going to answer my questions, and if you don't I'll crush that steel bucket over there into a blade and slice off Mr Hollands head," a cold grin crawls across his lips, the bucket containing the champagne floats into the air, upending the bottle and ice with a crash. The bucket crumples under an unseen force until it becomes a deadly razor sharp disk. He has powers just like me. Your heart's thundering in your ears, and your fists shake. The chaos energy bursts forth, racing throughout your body, radiating scarlet power.

" Ah, there it is," Agent Wilson grins, " Now before you do anything rash, like try to use your powers against me, just know that I'll be much quicker than you, and Mr Hollands head will hit the floor before you've even had time to breathe," he sneers. " As part of the questioning process, I have to brief you on what's been happening." He looks down and fiddles with his notebook. There's a ringing in your ears and you want nothing more than to pulverize this agent who's threatening Toms life. You will your magic to protect Tom and it snakes out like ivy, until it forms a glowing cocoon around him, you glance back at him with an assuring nod. Tom nods back, jaw clenching.