Gone rogue.

Your alarm pierces the predawn quiet, startling you awake. Half asleep, you fumble in the darkness for your phone. Blindly patting it until the alarm stops. Relishing the sudden silence, you lay back down in your bed, snuggling into your warm blankets, a sleepy grin on your face. Eyes closing, you're about to nod off when movement next to you makes your eyes fling open. Whipping your head around, you see Tom shift onto his back, mumbling in his sleep. He stayed the night.

For a while you stare at him. Tom looks like an angel in sleep, his face slack and peaceful, breath soft and even. You can hardly believe that Tom Holland is in your bed, and that you've made out with him a few times now. How the hell did this happen? Turning back around, you rub your bleary eyes, thinking of last nights events. You'd both stayed up late kissing, unable to keep your hands off each other. Even though you'd told Tom that you wanted to wait, you sensed your resolve slipping as the night wore on. Tom did too, and suggested going to sleep. You'd agreed, figuring it was for the best. Flushed and too wired to sleep, you curled over on your side, and tried to imagine waves crashing on a beach to calm you down . Tom's arm wrapped around you and you felt his warm body spoon yours, and that was the last thing you remembered before drifting off to sleep. Falling asleep in Toms arms is something you never thought would ever happen to you in your lifetime. You peek at him once more, a smile on your lips.

Now, you have to finish your essay before going to college. Not wanting to wake Tom up, you carefully climb out of bed. Shivering from the cold, you tiptoe around your desk and grab your robe off the back of a chair. Grabbing your laptop, you scamper to the door, shutting it quietly. The hall's dark like the rest of the house, but you can see a faint glow emanating from the windows in the living room. Rosy streaks of dawn kiss the horizon. Walking into the kitchen you flick on the lights, blinking as your eyes adjust. You set up your lap top on the kitchen table, opening your essay and type away.

***

An hour later, you've finished and submitted the essay with a sigh of relief. Just in time. Footsteps pad down the hall, and you hear the shower being turned on, signalling that your parents are up. Grabbing your laptop, you race back down the hall, hoping your parents won't catch you. You don't want them walking into your bedroom and finding Tom there. Opening your door you glide through, shutting it softly. Turning around, you jump in surprise, laptop slipping in your hands, fumbling you put it on your desk. That was close. Tom's sitting up in bed, texting furiously on his phone, a frown of concern on his face. He glances up, putting his phone down, " Hey," he lights up as you walk into the room. Is he okay? Why does he look so concerned?

" Hey, sorry I wasn't here. I needed to finish an essay and I didn't want to wake you," you walk around the bed, shrugging off your robe, dropping it on the floor. Tom watches you, a smile on his face when you climb into bed. You get under the covers, eager for warmth and Tom snuggles in closer to you, wrapping you in a hug. He kisses the top of your head, " That's okay, good morning to you though," he murmurs.

Heat climbs your cheeks, " Good morning," you mumble into his chest.

" How did you go with the essay?"

"Good, I submitted it..." For a while you both lay there, enjoying the warmth of the hug. You think of the concerned look on Toms face when you walked in,"Is everything okay? You seemed a bit upset when I walked in." You shift, so you can see his face.

" Oh yeah, I just," Tom sighs, propping himself up with an arm. " I had all these missed calls from my mum, dad, my brothers and even my mate Harrison."

" Why?"

"Interpol contacted them."

Frost creeps down your neck, " How come?"