Where and when.

The void yawns in front of you, a cavern of darkness and dread. " Scarlet Witch, answer me!" you scream, tears of frustration running down your face.

" This is the future for your universe if Dark Phoenix wins... The people from my universe want to destroy yours so it will save theirs from disappearing," Scarlet Witches disembodied voice echoes.

" What? Don't they know that once you leave my body that all their people will stop disappearing!"

" No they don't," she answers mournfully. " The chaos magic has brought me a vision of the future... They'll send Dark Phoenix to destroy your universe unless you stop her. She's the one who will create the vortex that will devour your universe."

" Can't you use the chaos magic to tell her that once you leave my body everyone will return to theirs, and this bridge between our universes will be closed!"

"I can't, I'm not strong enough yet..."

Gritting your teeth in frustration you pace back and forth, " But if Dark Phoenix is strong enough to destroy the universe, then surely she can figure out what's happening, right?" 

" She can't, the phoenix force is not all knowing. It's an entity unlike Chaos Magic. Chaos magic is tied to the very fabric of existence itself. It can create and destroy all realities across multiple dimensions."

" Fantastic," You throw your arms in the air, " Well what can I do to get you strong enough to leave? You said it was time before, but we don't have the luxury of waiting around for you to get strong if this is going to happen. Wait, when is this going to happen?"

" At the end of this month..."

" So I have a few weeks to fight off the Dark Phoenix or the whole universe is destroyed? Awesome., Your stomach churns as anger and fear writhe in your belly like a pit of snakes.

Scarlet Witch ignores your sarcasm, " If you want me to get stronger, you need to wield the chaos magic more. You need to train, you need to prepare for this fight. I hope I'll be strong enough to leave you before Dark Phoenix destroys your universe, but just in case I'm not at least you'll be more prepared than you are now and will stand a fighting chance."

You sigh, staring into the void, thinking it over. Then your mind flashes over the way you took down your kidnappers, and hope flickers in your chest, " What if I'm prepared now?"

" You aren't."

" Yeah? How would you know?"

" You wouldn't have been kidnapped in the first place... You would've been able to read the minds of your attackers and obliterate them in a heart beat, much less be held captive."

Shame heats your cheeks, " Well how come you didn't tell me this in the beginning-I could've been training for weeks now!"

" I didn't know back then... All I knew was that the more time went on the stronger I felt. But after you fought off the kidnappers and every time you've used the chaos magic I noticed that I felt a little stronger each time."

" Then I guess I'll have to train."

" Yes and Tom as well..."

" Yes, of course. So where is this attack going to take place?"

" I'll show you..."

Suddenly you're ripped out of the void and plunged into a city. The same city from the first dream you shared with Tom. Roaring wind whips around you, blowing debris. Screams stab through the roar as people flee, jumping over the rubble and broken glass on the street. A man hobbles past on a bloodied leg and you turn to find the giant vortex behind you. It's filled with all manner of energy, light, dark and all colors. It stretches into the sky over a dark void, flashes exploding inside it as it hungrily devours the city, ripping apart buildings, growing in size the more it destroys.