Meeting the Hollands

Tom takes your hand in his, your stomach churns with anxiety. You share a glance, as Tom dials his mom first. A kindly woman with fiery hair picks up halfway through the first ring.

" Tom," she breathes a sigh of relief. " There you are, we've been worried sick about you! Where are you? Why does Interpol want you to contact the FBI?" The camera moves and a middle aged man with pepper hair and glasses steps into view, Toms father. A young man and a teen come into view. The young man has similar features to Toms mom, auburn hair and a friendly face, while the young teen has a cute but mischievous look about him.

" Hey guys, look um... there's no easy way to say this," Tom looks down.

" Tom, what the bloody hell is going on? What's been happening? Have you done something wrong?" His father demands.

" We haven't done anything wrong, Dad. But before I show you why Interpol wanted me to contact the FBI, I need to ask you a question, because I need you guys to remain calm when I show you... What did you think of Sarah Winters? You know, the Storm Lady?"

Toms parents shoot each other a quizzical look.

" What does that have to do with anything? Mate, you need to come home. We all miss you. Harry and Harrison are so worried about you, even Paddy's worried," The young man says, who you recognize as Sam. He motions to Paddy the younger brother, who shoots Tom a bored look and a shrug. You recognize Toms brothers from his Instagram.

" Well, it does have something to do with that... Look, can you guys please get Harry and Harrison. It's better if I facetime you and you can all see what I mean- it's nothing bad, okay. I think it'd just be better if I show you..."

" What do you mean it's something to do with that? You need to tell us what's going on Tom, and who's that next to you?" Tom's father asks, peering at you through his glasses.

Tom's face flushes.

" This is Y/N, we met at Ace comic con. She's a part of what I have to say to you and she's... she's my girlfriend."

Tom's father blinks, and his mom peeks around his father with a smile. Sam's lips press into a grin, and Paddy pretends to vomit in the background.

" Hello dear, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Nicola, this is Dom, Tom's father, Sam and Paddy," she introduces warmly.

" Pleased to meet you," you smile.

Dom's father echoes your sentiment with a polite smile and so does Sam. Sam nudges Paddy and he gives you a reluctant smile and wave.

Tom shoots you a grin and clenches your hand in his.

" So, you guys still haven't answered my question what did you think of Sarah Winters?" Tom asks.

" She's cool!" Paddy calls out from the back ground.

Sam shrugs, and Dom and Nicola look at each other, " She's a dangerous criminal son. I don't know what you think we'd think of her?" Dom says.

You and Tom share a look, your heart thumping in your chest. Will they hate Tom if they find out that he has powers?

Toms throat works, "Okay... please just get Harry and Harrison and I'll call you back in half an hour and I'll show you why Interpol wanted me to contact the FBI."

Dom and Nicola , share a concerned look.

Sam sighs, " Okay, I'll call them and tell them to come over. We'll talk soon. Bye, bro."

" Talk soon."

They hang up. You let go of Tom's sweaty hand, your stomach squirms like you've swallowed a hive of bees.