Getting stronger.

The sun shines bright and hot through the car windows as you speed along the off ramp, you merge with the other cars on the highway, an exultant grin on your face. That morning on your way to the car you'd playfully taken the keys out of Toms grip and told him that you're going to drive today. He grinned back at you, " Whatever you want Y/N."

Now you're both speeding down the highway flying past other cars, the city scape a blur. It's a beautiful day and the sky's a radiant blue dotted with fluffy white clouds," This car is amazing," you squeal, whilst overtaking a bus.

Tom chuckles, " Yeah, it's pretty awesome."

You shoot Tom a grin, this is the fastest car you've ever driven. Most expensive car I've driven too. You ease your foot off the gas pedal, realizing that if you so much as scratch this car you'll never be able to afford to pay off the damages.

" Why are you slowing down?" 

You cringe, " I just thought about how expensive this car is and what would happen if I crashed it... "

" Well, we'd die if you crashed it," Tom snickers.

" Pffft, please. I'd magic us out of here in a heartbeat. I'd save your damsel ass in two seconds Tom."

He laughs, " You got me there. I could also swing us out of the wreck as well."

" Of course you would Spiderman," you grin cheekily at Tom. " No I was thinking about the expenses if I damaged the car."

" You could just magic out the damage right?"

You blink," Yes... I could. Geez I forget I can use my powers for other things besides life -saving situations."

" See what would you do without me?"

You playfully shove Tom and he looks down at his phone, " Hey I think we're nearly there, you just have to take this turn up ahead," Tom points to an exit that leads to the other side of Boston Harbor. You signal and follow it as it leads you through a part of the city you haven't been to before. The traffic thins, and crumbling old buildings dot the sidewalks covered in graffiti with smashed windows. The abandoned buildings and lack of people give the place an eerie feel.

Tom instructs you to take a left turn and you pull up to the dilapidated warehouse you'd found online, it looms over a large empty lot, with the harbor glistening behind it. Parking alongside the curb, you both step out of the car. The ocean air from the harbor is salty on your tongue, and the sun makes you squint as you survey the warehouse. A rusty chain link fence surrounds the perimeter with barbed wire atop it. " I can't see any cameras," Tom says, searching along the fence and the building. "Good, then breaking in will be easy," chaos magic ripples over you as you float yourself and Tom over the fence. It's getting easier and easier, each time you use the magic. Like second nature. Tom holds your hand as you both walk to the warehouse, footsteps echoing loudly in the empty lot. You step over weeds that grow through the asphalt as you warily check your surroundings.There's no boats down this end of the harbor, it's isolated which is exactly what you both wanted. No prying eyes will be able to interrupt your training session.

You enter the warehouse, nose wrinkling at the smell of rot and mildew, rusted sheeting hangs from the roof exposing decayed wooden beams, holes riddle the walls and there's littered cigarette butts and rubble on the floor. Your foot collides with an old beer bottle and it rolls along the floor, clinking harshly. There's puddles of rain from last nights storm and water trickles loudly from the holes in the roof. Grouped together in the middle of the warehouse is a bunch of rusted broken down forklifts, conveyor belts and other machines piled on top of each other. A steady stream of water flows over the machines from a hole in the roof and uncertainty builds in your belly as you follow the stream to the hole in the roof, " I don't know if we should be in here, the roof looks like it could cave at any minute..."