Chapter 4

[Racquel P.O.V]

This has got to be the most confusing moment of my life. And who is this guy in front of us?

Currently, we're walking inside a hall, towards the "assembly room" or whatever he said. I wasn't listening. I just continued to play with my braids like two dragons fighting each other. But I still couldn't forget about what this Night Fury dude said. Fighting spirit? Wild fighting style? Since when did I have those?

"Move faster. We're already late." Night Fury dude said.

"Alright, Mr. Emo Bastard. Don't get your panties in a bunch." Shawn snarked out with a roll of his eyes.

All of a sudden, Shawn was up against a wall with a knife on his throat. Night Fury dude had his elbow on Shawn's chest to probably keep him from escaping. Where did he get the knife?!

Holy shit! Now, I kinda like this Night Fury dude.

"Are you going to take this seriously or not? Because if you aren't..." He lifted the knife then brought it down in a slam.

"Eek!"

I'm pretty sure Shawn shat his pants again.

The knife was embedded on the wall, about an inch away from his face. Shawn began trembling in fear. His forehead was glistening in sweat. Then, from below his pants, I saw drips of liquid pouring out from the side. Alright, he might have not shat his pants, but he at least pissed himself. That's a win, right?

"...I can just kill you right now. I can explain to the higher ups about the worthless and egotistical bitch who think he owns the world." He growled out in a dark and ominous voice.

His nasally voice was surprisingly dark and hollow, almost the same as his eyes. He could probably match Astrid's glare! Shawn continued to tremble under his glare. I mean, who wouldn't?! The dude's scary, badass, and kicking Shawn's ass! Me likey!

"So, answer me again. Are you going to take this seriously?"

Shawn nodded immediately, shaking his head up and down like crazy. Night Fury dude dropped him on the ground where Shawn just sat there, traumatized. But just as Night Fury dude was about to turn around, a solid punch landed on his face, making him stumble aimlessly.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" Astrid yelled.

Oh, shit.

[Astrid P.O.V]

Okay, I may dislike Shawn's ego but he's still my friend. And no one talks to my friend like that.

So I did one of the most stupid things I've ever done. I punched him. Hard.
I don't care if he's a trained assassin or that he could simply cut me down in a second. No one messes with me or my friends.

He stumbled around like he was drunk holding the side of his mask. After a few seconds of silence, Night Fury steadied himself, then turned towards me.

Oh, if looks could kill, he could massacre an entire army. He began walking towards me. Each step I heard and saw, the more realization hit me; John Wick's right there, and I just killed his dog.

Like a serial killer advancing towards his victim, he continued to walk slowly but surely until we were face to face. I tried to hold my glare as long as I could but once he was looming over me, my façade broke down. If possible, his glare have gotten even darker.

He lifted his left hand slowly. Oh, I can already see it coming. He's either going to punch me or slap me. Either way, I'll not back down this time. If he punches forward, I can probably dodge it then grab his arm. Should I twist it or break it. No matter. Then-