Chapter 11

A.N: WARNING. FOUL LANGUAGE AHEAD. I MEAN, MORE FOULER. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SKIP IT.

[Astrid's P.O.V]

The simulation. A horrible but effective way to train. The actual simulation takes place in a dome where the A.I, Toothless I believe its name is, controls the 'enemy's' movements. The dome itself was like a massive fishbowl made out of carbon fiber glass that's impossible to be seen through. The sheer size of the dome was intimidating enough. I don't want to imagine what kind of simulations we're going to see. But the fact that we're standing in front of the entrance to the dome was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Get in." Night Fury ordered.

I scoffed quietly, joining the others as we face the giant gate of the simulation dome. The gate was an impressive wrought iron affair with plates at the top. Like gears and screws grinding, the gate groaned as it began to slowly open. Once it was enough for us to fit, Night Fury again ordered us to get in once again.

"You have 20 minutes to finish this. If you fail, we'll keep trying until you get it. And each time, I'll make it harder. So try to pass the first time." He sneered at us.

Ignoring his warning, we walked towards the entrance, darkness reflecting onto our eyes. Once we entered the dome, the door immediately shuts, locking us four inside in the dark.

"Uhh, does anybody mind shedding some light in the situation?" Eret said to no one in particular.

As if the gods heard his remark, light suddenly spilled in from an unknown source. Blinded for about 3 seconds, we rub our eyes as our vision slowly returned to normal. As soon as I could see, I stared ahead, and gasped at what I saw. I'm not... me. I think. First of all, I'm in front of a mirror on top of a staircase. The image reflecting me has blood-red hair, baby-brown eyes, and wore a formal suit which includes a dark blue pencil skirt, accompanied by a coat, button down shirt, and a leather belt. The image in front of me shocked me so much, I nearly stumbled. I thought I was going crazy, until I saw Heather, Eret, and Thuggory. Then I knew I was crazy.

Heather wore an orange prison jumpsuit. Her raven-black hair was doing a perfect imitation of a bird's nest after a tornado. Iron cuffs were attached onto her wrist, chains jangling along. A large rusted iron mouth guard was attached onto her face, preventing her from speaking. Her eyes were the size of dinner plates, equally confused and shocked as I was.

Eret and Thuggory were dressed as military personnel with Marine uniforms, rifles, an army helmet, plus a Medal of Honor and a DSC. For the first time, they both look presentable other than their usual choice of tank tops and shorts. But once again, the question still lingers. What is going on?

We all had one thing in common; a face filled with confusion and shock. We just stared at each other, analyzing our faces and clothes. I decided to break the silence.

"Guys? Do you know what's happening?" I asked calmly, but inside, I'm freaking out.

Heather remained silent, but her eyes said 'what the fuck?'

"Night Fury said a simulation, right?" Thuggory suddenly reminded us. I knew where he was going. He's right. This is probably a simulation. But what kind? All of a sudden, a lady in the business uniform emerged out a hallway that we haven't noticed before.

"Miss Akira, they're ready." She nodded towards me.

I was about to ask her what she's talking about but then I remembered; this is a simulation. This is the training. I look back at the mirror. My appearance isn't some mistake. I'm wearing a disguise. Judging from what the others are wearing, they too are wearing disguises. Either this is an undercover simulation, or we have took up a new identity for the simulation.