Chapter 13

A.N. A question. Should I let Heather continue to graduate? Or let her drop out?

A. Drop out

B. Continue

Your choice. If no one picks within this week, then I'm going to let her drop out.

[Normal P.O.V]

For an entire week, they continued the training even without Heather. She was still in the infirmary, resting. The traumatic experience left her in a broken state, and Gothi was doing her best to revert her back to normal. But she was lucky to be alive and well. If her break down lasted longer, it would leave her in a catatonic state. Fortunately, she avoided it, all thanks to Night Fury's soothing words. Who knew that he could do that?

But Night Fury didn't use that as an excuse to cancel training. In fact, he used it as motivation to train them harder. He lectured them, telling them that if they were to freeze and breakdown in the field, then why were they even training to be part of the Drakos. Astrid wanted to argue but he made a point. They had the chance to back out, and they already told them about their goal and actions. So for once, she held back her tongue.

The recruits all have already passed their physical and mental limits. If this continues for two years, they'll be dead before they could graduate. Astrid just finished the last course and left towards the Bench. She collapses on one of the sofas there, as her body relaxes from all the stress. Not even bothering to check if there were other people, she cursed out loud. Cursing is already a part of her lifestyle. Nothing's going to change that.

As if she was at home, she wore her casual clothes; a pair of black jogging pants, a red sweater, and a baseball cap. She let her hair down rather than tying it into her normal braid. Placing her arm over her eyes, a groan emitted from her mouth.

"Fuck this terrible week. Why won't it just end?" She muttered to herself.

She missed Heather and their talks. She was the only source of enjoyment for Astrid when she wasn't with the gang. Sure, the Eret and Thuggory were her friends but she was closer with Heather than them. But the only subject was they talk about is their comparison of their strengths. Though they usually skip the talks and immediately challenge each other in tests like arm-wrestling contests, push-up contests, planks, and pull-ups. Though she sometimes come up short, she absolutely dominated the slapping contest. Hers was so hard, Eret passed out and flew directly into Thuggory's oblivious form, knocking him out as well. They weren't even able to recall what happened but they did know, never to mess with Astrid ever again. But with Heather, she find it easy to open up. Trusting her, was almost like trusting Hayden. Almost.

So seeing Heather in that state, terrified her. She wanted to cry herself but she held herself back. Crying won't do anything. She had to train. Train to become one of the Drakos. For Heather. She wished she could do something that will actually help, but she couldn't. She was even worried that Heather would drop out because it might too much for her. All this thinking began to stress her mind out, causing her to groan.

"Night Fury, why torture us?" She unconsciously muttered. But a sudden voice cut through the silence like a knife then plunged itself in Astrid's chest.

"Got a problem?"

............................

[Astrid's P.O.V]

Well, this is awkward.

Facing my superior, I continue to fidget with my fingers, and biting my lower lip. Why do you have to be everywhere? One minute ago, I was having a blast napping. Then the next, I'm sitting up straight, my face trying to hide my exhausted expression, waiting for the awkwardness to end.