Chapter 41

Ello peeps! I'm the mysterious best friend of Shandra! Name is Tiara and I present thee chapter!

[Normal P.O.V]

The ride towards their destination was unbearable for the others. The awkward and uncomfortable tension was so thick that it could be cut by a knife. Though Hayden and Astrid rode in separate cars, their silence was so agonizing that they were ready to claw their faces out.

Everyone in the group knew what was up between the two. They had figured it out as soon as Astrid sneaked her way in the missions just to see Hayden. With the way they look at each other, there's no way there's nothing happening between them. At first, they had some doubts. Until this afternoon, they heard some explicit stuff.

With their silence, the guys chalked it up to 'girls and their emotions'. The girls however figured it out in an instant at concluded that it's sexual tension. The guys refused that they're already in that stage. But since the girls heard them themselves, they've got a pretty good idea what happened.

Night has already fallen and they're still just halfway to Colorado. Zythid was already feeling pretty tired from all the driving. With the signal from Hayden, saying to spend the night in a motel, they went to find one.

But they just passed a local town and they're already three miles away from it. So until they find one, they'll be on the road for a while.

The group has been separated by gender. Astrid rode with Camilla and Klarisse, while Hayden rode with Lazarus and Zythid. Ezra had to choose which one she'll ride with so she chose Hayden.

Hayden's Tesla was probably the most uncomfortable ride that they have ever experienced. Lazarus was simply fidgeting with his fingers while Zythid started playing Ezra's PSP. Ezra was the only one who was having a good time, singing along to the entire playlist of Frozen and Tangled. Hayden's grip on the wheel was so firm that his knuckles started turning white.

Astrid's Sedan however, was quite relaxed. Astrid herself wasn't angry or mad but she had a crestfallen look on her face as if her puppy just died. The girls glanced at each other, working on a plan to cheer her up. But they couldn't do that unless they figured out what happened with Hayden. So Klarisse and Camilla huddled together for a plan.

"So, what do we do?" Camilla asked.

"We need to figure what happened. I mean, it's kind of obvious but we need her to say it." Klarisse replied firmly.

"Ahh, I get it. Get her to open up." She winked.

"That's right, so we need to go for the subtle approach."

After a nod of agreement, they broke the huddle. They acted casual for a few moments before popping the big question. Klarisse was about to open her mouth but Camilla beat her to it.

"Was he good?" She asked with a smug grin.

If it weren't for the actual need to find a motel, Astrid would've stepped on the brake with a screech. Klarisse however, wasn't that hesitant. Her fist immediately flew to Camilla's shoulder, earning her a groan and a yelp.

"Ow! What was that for?!" She exclaimed, while holding her right shoulder.

Astrid decided to speak up, "If you guys weren't so bad at whispering, then there's no way I would know what you're talking about! But since you asked, WE DIDN'T EVEN DO IT!!"

After her outburst, silence fell upon them. Klarisse shot a glare at Camilla, who smiled sheepishly. She sighed, and decided to ask, "Why not?"

Since Astrid had just opened up out of anger, might as well pour it all out. Even if she yelled it all out.