Chapter 20

[Heather's P.O.V]

I know that face.

I know it.

During the final exam, when Night Fury's mask fell apart, I saw a glimpse of his face. Just a glimpse. But it was enough. I'm pretty sure it matches the picture I saw in Astrid's wallet.

Last year, when we just finished a hell of a workout, I decided to pay Astrid a visit. I entered her room without knocking because we pretty much don't care anymore. Astrid was busy taking a shower so I roamed around her room for a while.

Our rooms were pretty much the same. They said it resembles a normal hotel suite but it didn't look like that at all...more like a V.I.P room in an Italian palace. The bed was king-sized with pure white, Egyptian cotton sheets. It had his own desk, a thirty-six-inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa, and, on the other side of the room, was a private gym with proper equipment and weights. And the bathroom! As well as the power shower, there was a bath big enough for three people, and a Jacuzzi. Everything is under a set of comfortable and smooth marble tiles. 

Astrid's things were scattered across her bed, which looked like a tornado slept in it. Calling Astrid untidy is an understatement. I myself is a bit messy but this just too much.

I decided to volunteer as Astrid's maid only for that time. I started arranging her bed, and fixing her stuff. As I was doing cleaning lady stuff, I accidentally knocked Astrid's wallet off the bed. I bent down to pick it up when I saw a picture peaking out of it.

A part of me was like, 'Don't touch it. It's her privacy and I need to respect that'.

But curiosity was like, 'nahhh'.

I picked up the wallet then took out the picture. And I didn't regret it. Well, maybe a little guilt panged in my chest but I was too focused on the picture.

It was a picture of Astrid and some other guy in, where I guess where she went to school at. They looked younger, probably around 17-years old. Astrid still had a braid on, and had a less fierce look. The blush on her cheeks and the shy smile she had on really toned down her fierceness. The other guy, on the other hand, was gorgeous. He had bright green eyes that I could stare at for hours, messy auburn hair with two cute braids just below his ear. He had a fairly wide frame and he stood at about 6'3. He wore a white Gucci sweater that showed his wide frame, a pair of denim jeans, and black high-cut Converse. He had a crooked smile on that, to be honest, kinda looked hot.

He was, in a few words, a complete snack.

And judging from how they're positioned, they're probably a couple or best friends. It wasn't my right to ask her, nor is it my right to peak at a person's privacy. But I was doing it anyways.

I flipped the photograph, and behind it, is a handwritten message to Astrid.

What's up, Mi'lady. It's the last day of school and I guess I just want to say, thank you for being my best friend! I know we'll see each other in the summer so I'll try not to be dramatic. I have something to tell you, and don't worry, it's not the twins trying to prank you. See you in the summer!

Signed,

H.H.H, Hayden Harrison Haddock

My brain seemed to imprint the name and his face onto itself because during the final exam, when I saw that glimpse of his face, I immediately recognized him.

Hayden Harrison Haddock is Night Fury. Someone who is close to Astrid. But she doesn't seem to know that. The question is why? 

And of I could remember vaguely, she's been looking for her missing best friend but she didn't give me a name. Could her missing best friend be right in front of her the whole time? I needed answers. And I knew just where to get them.