Chapter 48

[Normal P.O.V]

5 years later...

"Ma'am, we have lost the entire armada." A man reported.

A fist slammed itself against the table, causing its contents to jump. Her teeth grinded against itself, as the scowl on her face grew deeper.

"What's his status?" The woman hissed out. Her light brown hair fell down her shoulders, which were heavily armored along with the rest of her body. Her amber-brown eyes held a permanent hint of anger and boredom, with dark rings smudged under them.

Her empire had been slowly growing when all of a sudden, someone brought it down in a second. Only one person could do that-Night Fury. She had heard about him. He apparently took down all three tyrants of the underworld. That enough was scary. But then all of a sudden, he disappeared. Then for the past five years, she slowly built her organization up into a glorious empire. People will fear the Warlords and tremble at her name. But then it all came crashing down when Night Fury showed up and destroyed every single operation she had.

Years of work was simply destroyed in the matter of weeks. So she did what she had to do. She sent an entire armada against Night Fury. But the most unusual thing happened. Night Fury battled the armada with an army of odd creatures. When she heard about that, she knew it was because of the help of Valhalla. The rumors of Valhalla and Drakos' alliance spread throughout the entire underworld. This made them only more formidable because Valhalla was known to have an unusual large firepower.

But after hearing what happened to her armada, she knew he was coming for her. So she needed to do her best to protect herself from him.

"Last we heard of him, he was over atvthe Atlantic Ocean riding a winged-beast." The man replied as he read over one of the files he held in his hands.

"Ready the army!" The woman cried out with a wave of her hand. "We'll wait for that nefarious Night Fury. If he comes, that would mean his base his left unprotected. We will destroy their annoying little organization!"

"Yes, Miss Griselda!" After bowing, ge left the room and shut the doors behind him.

Griselda let out a huff then collapsed on the chair behind her. She used two of her fingers to rub her temples. All this chaos was giving her a headache.

"Damn you, Night Fury..." She muttered under her breath. But she didn't know that someone would respond.

"Yeah, hate you too..."

Her head instantly whipped around to see a man clad in black combat armor, leaning on the corner of the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. To say he was intimidating was an understatement. He was downright terrifying. From glowing blue pulsating lights emitting from the gaps of his armor to the dark tactical mask that only covers the upper half of his face. There were no signs that he could see or not, but if he could fight well wearing it, then he could see. A hood was pulled up over his head that covered his face even further.

Griselda jumped from her seat, and grabbed the spear hidden under her desk. Aiming it at the armoured man, she pressed a button on the handle, activating four prongs to jut out of the spearhead. Her glared seethed through the man, though he seemed unfazed and unaffected by it.

"Night Fury..." She hissed out, as she moved away from him. "How dare you come in my building uninvited?"

"So, you would prefer if I would've asked to be invited?" Night Fury replied sarcastically. "Come on, Griselda. The Warlords are over. Give up, or fall by my hand."

"Like hell I would! Sentinels, attack!" Griselda yelled out.

At the sound of her command, two robotic guardians blinked their red beam eyes open and marched forward. Grey plates covered the robot's interior exoskeleton. A broad sword hung on its waist, along with an axe. All three of its eyes beamed red as it locked at its target-Night Fury.