Chapter 49

[Normal P.O.V]

A few weeks later...

A lone man hid in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. It was dark, the stars and moon were hovering above the city, doing its best to shine down light. He held his automatic shotgun behind his coat as his ears twitched, trying to catch any trace of noise or sound. The alleyway is empty, not even a single bum in sight. It was cleared out. It was obvious something is going to go down. And that's what the man is waiting for.

He pulled his hood up over his jet-black hair to conceal his face, as well as the communicator in his ear. Just as he was saying it, the communicator in his ear beeped rather loudly, causing the man to hiss out in pain. He quickly pressed the call button and rolled his eyes.

"What is it, Windshear?" the man groaned out.

"They're coming. Three o' clock." a woman's voice replied from the other line.

The man's gaze shifted to his right, where sure enough, a group of men were huddled together and walking towards the alleyway. Gangsters... It was a fairly large group of twenty men, all wearing trench coats and black fedoras. The mission was to extract information from the caravan and send a message to the mafia. Right now, they're going to have to do the second part.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that all of them has a hidden weapon under their coats. The man smirked at the thought. He loved a good challenge. But he needed to be patient. So he kept quiet and listened to the conversation from the group of men.

"Hai sentito parlare del Demon Killer?" One of them asked in a hushed tone.

". Il capo non vuole essere dalla sua parte cattiva. Quindi stiamo cercando di trovarlo." Another replied.

The gangster in front of them turned around and frowned. "Dove hai sentito quelle storie folli?"

"Non sono pazzi, fratello! Ho sentito l'uomo alzarsi dall'inferno stesso per punire coloro che hanno peccato..." He replied cautiously.

"Non indossa maschera e uccide senza pietà!" One of them added.

"Parla la lingua del diavolo e sussurra sempre una preghiera ogni volta che uccide."

The man hiding in the shadows frowned. He didn't take any Italian lessons so he has no idea what they're talking about. Luckily, the person on the other line of his communicator could. He presses the call button and the person picked up instantly.

"Do you hear this?" He asked.

"Y- yeah..." His partner stuttered out. "It's nothing important but..."

"But what?"

"They're talking about a Demon Killer. They said that they believe it's a demon sent from hell and speaks the devil's tongue. Yet, it whispers a word of prayer after each victim he kills."

The man frowned at the story. If what they're saying is true, this could a major problem. He needs to report this or else this story might end up true. "We'll handle about it later. For now, it's time for action." He said firmly before shutting the communicator off.