Chapter 16

[Normal P.O.V]

Silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling shard of glass shatters on the floor. Not even a single breath could be heard. The words of Shatter hit them like a pile of bricks. The gravity of the shock left them in a frozen state.

Shatter must've noticed the shock. He then cleared his throat, breaking the silence in a snap.

"Is there a problem?" He asked. "Clearly, there's some kind of confusion?"

"Of course there is..." A voice muttered.

Shatter glanced at the source, nodding at him to continue. Thuggory pushed through the other graduates, stepping in front. His large frame helped him bump his way to the front with ease.

"Are you underestimating us? I understand if you're asking us to beat him completely. But to ask us to place a single scratch on him as if it's impossible?! You're fucking unbelievable!" He snapped. But Shatter seemed unfazed.

"I'm not underestimating you." Shatter replied calmly. "In fact, I think I'm overestimating you."

"What?" Visible confusion seen on Thuggory's face. And not just him. All the other graduates are as shocked and confused as him.

"I know Night Fury. And I'm pretty sure you won't last five minutes in a fight, let alone leave a scratch on him. But, there's a small chance. And I want you to take it." Shatter said, a collected look on his face.

Once again, silence fell over the young recruits. None of them could believe it. Is Night Fury that strong?

"Now, the exam will take place early in the morning at 0700. Be at the fifth floor, battle chamber." Shatter continued. "Bring your desired weapon of choice. Anything is allowed as long as you can wield it "

The battle chamber is part of the fifth floor. It's a large open-spaced room, with racks of weapons, multiples drones, and battle dummies. But since it's their final exam, there will be none of these things.

Astrid pondered for a moment. All this was just too much. Eleven people against one? You must at least leave a scratch on him? What in Helheim is Night Fury?

Questions swirled along Astrid's head. But all of them will be answered tommorow. She has to wait.

"Alright, it's already late. Get some sleep."

And with that, Shatter left the assembly room along with Night Fury, leaving the graduates all alone.

"So, what now?" Travis remarked.

"An all-for-one fight against Night Fury. Do you think we should come up with a strategy?" One of the other graduates, Kai Sotto, suggested.

"Not a bad idea." Eret remarked.

"Let's head over to the Bench." Finn said.

"You guys go on ahead. I'll head off to sleep." Astrid said as she turned around to leave.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Maisie Thorn called out.

Then, that's when the Hofferson temper came out.

"Didn't I say it earlier? I said I'm going to bed. Or are your ears so small that you can't hear simple words?" Astrid Hofferson sneered.

Anger flashed across Maisie's face. Her blood-red hair matching her furious eyes. She stepped forward, ready to argue. But luckily, Racquel blocked her with her arm, stopping Maisie from doing anything rash.

"Sure, Astrid. Go on. We'll just lay the plan on you tomorrow." Racquel nodded at her.

Once Astrid left the room, Maisie slapped Racquel's arm away. She glared at the Thorston girl with daggers.