Chapter 33

[Normal P.O.V]

Tomorrow will be the day where Hayden would set out on his mission. The chosen agents accompanying him would be Zythid Lethe, because he has a lot of connections that would benefit them, Camilla Boggs, a highly trained assassin and one of the best stealth agents. From Valhalla's side, there's Klarisse Yvonne, one of their top riders and warriors, and Lazarus, their head strategist. Together, they would escort Hayden and Ezra through the city and to Grisly Industries to take down Grimmel. 

Hayden was a bit worried since he hasn't told to either Astrid or Ezra. Telling Ezra would be a breeze. He would just have to tell her that they're going on a vacation. But Astrid is a different story. She would pummel him to the ground for not telling her then give him another beatdown for the plan he made. He could already feel the punches and kick from her that made him cringe.

'I guess I won't tell her...' He thought as he strolled down the hallway towards his room. Entering it, he was greeted by a nine-year old slamming onto his chest. He fell down with a groan as Ezra giggled at Hayden's predicament while sitting on his chest.

"Surprise, Hayden!" She exclaimed with her arms raised.

Hayden groaned painfully. "You're a riot, kid." 

Ezra giggled, though she doesn't know what the meaning of riot. She got off of him, and helped him up. "Hey! Look what I made!" She pointed at a small contraption that shot out a ray of blue thin laser. It was shaped like a volleyball net, only smaller. It was clear that it was handmade with the lack of intricacy and materials but it was working nonetheless.

Hayden furrowed his eyes at the machine. "What is it?"

"It's a target!" She happily exclaimed. When Hayden arched an eyebrow at her, she began to explain, "There are small circles in the blue thingy. You shoot them, but the... uhh, what do you call them?"

"Bullets?"

"Yes! Burrets! The burrets won't be useless. It will catch them and you can pick it up later when you're done!"

Hayden gaped at Ezra, dumbfounded that a child could make something like this. "How old are you again?"

She tilted her head, and sucked in her lips, "Uhh, I think I'm nine?"

"Intelligence..." Hayden muttered. Another quality of the Dragon in her. "Yet you still can't say bullets right."

"Yes, I can! Burrets!" Ezra pouted, crossing her arms.

He rolled his eyes at her, "Sure kid. And I can fly."

"I can!"

Hayden never had to whip his head to the right that fast and hard until now. His eyes were the size the dinner plates, and his jaw dropped to the ground. First were the hand blasts, then the intelligence, now flight? 

"Y- you can?" He stuttered out.

To demonstrate, Ezra's feet left the ground, floating upward until she's five feet of the ground. With a wide smile and twinkling purple eyes, she said, "See! I can fly!"

Hayden rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't imagining it. But it was true. The kid was really flying. Well, more like hovering but same thing. Ezra hovered back down to the ground and giggled at Hayden's reaction. He had to pick his jaw off the ground, and gulped. He knelt down to her level and placed is hands on her shoulder. "Kid, don't ever show this to anyone else. People sometimes will do anything to get their hands on you. You have to be careful."

"I know. But you will protect me, right?" Ezra said, an innocent smile on her lips.

Hayden stiffened, as guilt rushed into him like a wave of energy. His eyes gazed into hers, where pure innocence filled them. She had no idea what the plan was, or what was going to happen. But she still considered him a good person and a friend. He sighed, then cleared his throat. He painted a fake smile over his lips, and softly said, "Sure kid."