Chapter 43

[Normal P.O.V]

Heather swore to herself that she would never ever trust a Thorston ever again. They had found the very first piece of evidence of the mole, and Racquel lost it. How could you lose a five-inch shard of metal? Well, the answer lies in the hands of a Thorston.

"Tell me, Racquel..." She hissed out while pinching the bridge of her nose. "...how did you lose it?"

Racquel's face bore an amused smirk, which was unfazed with Heather's anger, as she explained the entire event with every detail, along with a few butt-ins from her brother. Heather was beginning to regret ever asking for their help. Racquel was in the middle of her explantation of when she was talking with Eret, who she believes is a part of their plan, when Finn burst in the room with a panicked expression. All eyes trained on him as his breaths came out as heavy and fast.

"Guys, you have to come with me!" He said briskly before disappearing back out the door.

The rest just glanced at each other before rushing to the door to follow Finn. As soon as they left the room, a wave of fresh steam punk hit them. Finn had the time to design the entire living room to be their base or platform. The room had a faint foggy air around it due to the high-powered machines Finn has been using. The flat-screen TV had multiple wires attached to it; blue, green, red, yellow cords stuck out of the back which connected to a small box that had a blue hue  emitting from the vent lines. Finn's laptop was set up on the table, along with a few monitors that showed hidden cameras in all the corridors of the building. Numerous paper files were scattered across the floors with names of different agents printed on it.

They spent their entire day trying to figure out who the culprit is. Heather slowly lost her doubt about the others since they were all eager to find the culprit as well. Another reason was she also set up her personal hidden cameras in the other's rooms and she found absolutely nothing. So, she became more open about the case and shared her opinions.

The most popular opinion among them was that the culprit wasn't alone. She had her own allies in here, but she was the main one. They haven't found anything that supports that idea but with the way that Finn had burst in through the doors meant that they found something.

Finn scampered down the coffee table and typed in a password for the laptop. Once the laptop whirred on, it flashed a series of codes, broken down into strips.

"What's all this?" Heather asked. She only sees these kinds of stuff in movies, and most of them ends up with the main character being busted.

"I hacked into the data files of Drakos." Finn replied simply as he typed in more strips of codes.

"What?!" She hisses out. "That could get us in trouble, and it would make us more suspicious than we already are?"

"Relax, Heather." He said in a calm and collected voice. This shocked Heather and the rest because he's usually a nervous guy. "I inserted an undetectable virus under the incognito files of Drakos. So once we open a file, it would create a perfect duplicate for us to see but won't be noticable. It's a perfect virus that no one has achieved."

"Then how would you know if Drakos doesn't know that this type of virus exist, and has already created a defense software for it?" Racquel snapped. She may like trouble, but not trouble that could get them killed.

Finn merely grinned at their reprimands, "Because... I'm the sole creator of this virus." He proudly announced, his eyes never leaving the screen.

The rest blinked in surprise. A collective 'ooohh' rang across the room as the laptop screen flashed a loading screen. Soon, the loading bar was full and a logo of Drakos flashed across the screen.