Chapter 5

[Astrid's P.O.V]

An hour has passed by and nothing has happened. The fact that we were stuck in a boring room is making it worse. I'm currently lying on my back against the floor along with the others. The rest of the people here are either waiting, sleeping, or trying to keep themselves entertained. I could feel my own impatience bursting through the top of my head but I was forced to keep it down or else everyone will wonder why there's a blonde woman repeatedly smashing an axe on the ground.

"Ugh. How much longer do we have to wait?" Shawn groaned.

"I can't wait any longer!" Racquel agreed, slamming her fist down on the floor.

"Maybe they're having some technical problems?" Finn suggested, which only annoyed everyone further.

"Do you think an organization like this will delay an hour just because of technical problems?" Racquel rolled her eyes as she fiddled her fingers in the air.

"So you're saying, this is another test?" Finn asked.

"Not exactly what I was saying but sure. Let's go with that."

A test, huh? I took out the micropocket and held it in my hand. Everytime I use it, the micropocket would revert back to normal. After my battle with Night Fury, I stored my axe back in the micropocket for safekeeping. But if this is another test, there's no doubt I have to use it again.

Which brings me to Night Fury. Who is he and what's his deal? First, he's a emotionless bastard with a heart of stone. The next, he could make me blush, feel comfortable about everything, and the worse one yet, he treats me soft! Who is he? Hoffersons are not soft! That'll be my next goal.

Apparently, I didn't have to wait long.

The door suddenly burst open from behind us, revealing five people entering the room.

From the five, I only recognized one of them. And that was the female guard from earlier. Her strawberry-blonde hair was still tied into a bun with a few strands loose. She wore a black tank top, black jeans, and boots, and the tomahawk she used was hanging on her hip. Where did she disappeared to when Night Fury appeared? But from the way she walked confidently along with the rest gave me a feeling that she's sort of an important person.

Also where is Night Fury? Not that I'm looking for him. I'm just wondering where a guy like Night Fury could fit in all of this.

I didn't know the rest but they seem pretty important as well. The second was a guy with red short spiky hair, and dark green eyes. The look on his face was gleeful and giddy. But not the good kind. The kind that crazy serial killers had after cutting up another one of their victims. He was bulky, even more than Shawn, and had more defined muscles than his as well. Three scar-like tattoos went across his left eye making him look menacing. He donned a scraggly beard, a tattered brown sleeve-less tunic, black leggings, and boots. All in all, he looks crazy.

The next was a pretty mature girl with extremely short blonde hair, bangs parted on the side and pale green eyes. What's with them and green eyes? And why do I always have to be reminded of Night Fury when I see that?!

She wore a black and gold coat, with a long collar and shoulder pads, that reached up to her legs. A katana was hanging on her hip just like the other girl. She had molten red cuffs attached to her wrists, and something told me that it was symbol of something important. Her hands were positioned on top of each other like she was some sort of queen. She carried herself with pride and honor that almost made believe that she was actually a queen.

The next was a mysterious guy with short black hair, large chocolate-brown eyes, thick full lips, and in Tristan's words, 'a majestic goatee'.

He donned a simple black coat, and tie and jeans, with high-cut boots. Then I noticed he had three slash-like scars on his neck. It looked like it came from a beast or something. Other than the scars, he looks like a normal business man. But I didn't like the cunning look on his face. He looks like the type to blackmail you but then when you try to fight back, he has several other back-up plans so that you won't be able to get out. I met a couple of guys like that in highschool. They were annoying and troublesome. I don't want to mess with an adult-version of them.