Chapter 10

A.N

Yo, sorry for the late update. Had a lot of bball games this week. I had to concentrate as well on my studies. But i promise that I will at least update thrice a week. A'ight?

P.S. KOBE!

[Astrid's P.O.V]

"Get your asses moving!" Night Fury yelled at us as we near the finishing line. "If one of you collapses one more fucking time, I'm sending you all on a mission with nothing but a rusted knife."

That was oddly specific. But I have no time to think because I am nearly on the brink of collapse All of us had pretty high endurance and stamina. I myself have confidence in both of those skills but running for 2 hours nonstop is just pure overkill. We were dripping in sweat, the boys ditched their shirts and ran in their basketball shorts. Me and Heather were left with our tank tops and shorts, our faces red with exhaustion.

Just a few more meters. I kept on repeating this in my head.

"He ain't lyin', y'know."

A whip my head to my right to find myself looking down at a short girl with long messy blonde hair. Her left side was braided, leaving half of her hair down. She had crystal blue eyes, hoop-like earrings, a scar on her left eyebrow. A wild grin spread out on her lips, she ran along beside me wearing a pair of black pantaloons and a crimson red jacket. She looks like a petite version of me!

I tried to contain my confusion by asking a simple question.

"Huh?"

She just laughed, or roared with laughter. Her laughter matches her wild and hyper look.

"He once did that to us! Sent us to a mission with a rusted knife." She grinned, the way she spoke was like a country girl, with lots of slang and a weird accent. "And not for the each of us. There's literally only one knife. We had to share."

I'm still so confused. Who is this girl? What is she talking about? He really did that? Are you me from another dimension? She must've noticed my expression because she suddenly exclaimed "Ah, you must be wondering who I am. Well, my name is-"

"Camilla Boggs! Don't disrupt my recruits' training!" Night Fury suddenly yelled out of from the corner.

A shy smile and a blush crept up her face. She turned to me, giving me a three-finger salute.

"We'll talk later. Ya almost finished anyway. See ya!" She cried out as she suddenly sped up, running like a hungry cheetah.

With the wild woman now gone, my mind is now only focused on one thing-- the fucking finishing line!

20 meters...

10 meters...

Finally! I crumpled down to the ground, panting as soon as I crossed the finishing line. I look up, noticing that Heather, and the others were already there, reduced to an exhausted state as well. I'm last!? Shit! Night Fury's going to kill me!

Then I heard an ominous set of footsteps. Followed by a pair of black iron-stitched boots.

Speak of the devil.

I slowly lift my head, looking at my superior, Night Fury. His eyes, once again, held no emotion. Making him impossible to read. But I have a feeling that-

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Hofferson."

Yup. That.

He wore his usual face mask and hood instead of that ridiculous Purge mask. His iron gauntlets were nowhere to be seen, as well as his weird flaming sword that was usually strapped to his back. At least I won't have to worry about being sliced to death. He donned a black and purple coat over a plain white shirt, giving him a mafia boss appearance. I shudder at the thought of Night Fury being a mafia boss. It would be horrible and gruesome. But if there was a Godfather reboot where Night Fury would star in it, I would gladly watch it.