1

3rd Person POV

"Why isn't Jonathon staying?" Will Byers was helping his mother pack dishes into sturdy cardboard boxes. They were moving, again.

Joyce Byers shrugged and said simply, "he misses Nancy, Will."

Will was still confused and paused will setting a chipped pink porcelain dish down. "But he has a good job here, and he just got promoted."

Joyce looked up from packing and into her son's earnest eyes. "He's in love, love --"

"-- makes you crazy, I know." he huffed a breath out and continued packing plates, unsatisfied with the answer his mom had given him.

Joyce noticed Will's frustrated and ruffled his shaggy hair with one hand. "You'll understand when you're in love hon."

Will stayed quiet but nodded softly.

Love was complicated, he knew that.

The phone started to ring and Will started towards it until Eleven rushed into the kitchen and got to it first.

"Mike!" she greeted cheerily before noticing Will reaching for the phone. "It's Mike! Ten minute rule!" Then she went back to chatting happily to Mike Wheeler.

Eleven and Will had made a rule up years ago, when they first moved to the city. Since they both had meaningful connections with Mike they decided to make a rule that each could talk to him for ten minutes before switching. El usually got to the phone first though, and Will always though Mike sounded weird on the phone whenever it was his turn.

But a rule was a rule, and Will considered El a sister, so he let it be.

El had changed since they first got to the city, she still was figuring out who she was and who she wanted to be. Most teenagers go through the identity crisis and El was no different. She was currently going through a denim phase.

Will looked different as well. He had gotten taller but wasn't full of bulging muscles like most boys his age. He stayed with his 'small town country boy' style with flannels and jeans and such, but he got rid of his bowl cut. Although, will he was packing, his old hairstyle was present seeing as he was due for a haircut the next day.

"I'll be back by Friday," El was saying, twirling a finger around the phone cord, "but we are supposed to spend the whole weekend unpacking."

Will sighed, he wished he could be the one telling Mike when they would be getting back. Mike was his friend.

"I don't know if you guys will be able to visit on Friday -- well maybe you could but not the whole gang."

Will looked at the time, almost ten minutes had passed, he was antsy. El noticed and gave him a worried look. She covered the end of the phone then asked if he was okay. Will nodded and shrugged. The pause caused El to notice the time and she looked at him sheepishly then.

"Hey Mike, ten minutes are up," she said, "Will wants to talk."

Will felt it sounded like a burden for him to talk to his friend since pre-school.

"I love you too--"

Will looked at his feet.

"--M'kay, bye Mike!" El held the phone out for him to take, she looked happy. She was. Happy and excited to see her boyfriend again.

Will took the phone and pressed it to his ear.

-----

I'm tired rn but it felt really nice to write this lol. Hope you are excited for this new rollercoaster. I feel like all of my books are part of one single amusement park that it basically labeled as "Gay Love and Finn Wolfhard."

I sometimes think that if I ever 'make it big' as a writer one day I'm going to have to reveal I got a lot of my practice from writing gay fanfiction and I don't know if I can deal with this information.

This book will only contain fluff and will not be as spicy as me previous book