14

El's POV

Last night was a bust. Mike was distant and I couldn't get any answers out of Will since he was too busy with math.

Once I stormed away to sleep, I had assumed that maybe Will and Mike would talk and spill secrets in some sort of 'bro code' or something. However, when I woke up, it seemed like hell had paid the boys a visit. 

Sure Mike wasn't there, but Will was giving me all of the signals. He looked like he hardly slept and kept mumbling things under his breath. His actions were sluggish too. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I knew he wouldn't give me a truthful answer, at least not right now at 7 am sitting at the breakfast table with his mom, so I settled for a small smile in his direction. 

All of a sudden Mrs. Byers cursed under her breath. "You guys are going to be late!" she cried looking at her watch, "I can't give you a ride today but if you want I can call the Wheeler's?"

"No!" Will blurted instantly.

SO something did happen after I went to bed. Maybe I could ask Mike, but deep down I knew he was less likely to tell me. We weren't close, I had realized that already, but I still hoped that we could get closer soon.

"Ok?" his mother was confused by Will's sudden outburst but didn't question. "I'll call the Sinclair's then..."

Those were the two who lived closed to us. Will told me it was weird to move back to his hometown but live in a totally different area.

I agreed that it would be.

After Lucas agreed to drive us to school, me and Will headed out the door. 

"Thanks for the ride," Will said as he climbed into the passenger seat. I sat in the back, not because I wanted to, but because Will had already called shot gun as we raced out the door.

Lucas shrugged, "it's not a big deal," he paused, "was Mike not available?"

"Huh?" Will shifted in his seat.

Lucas waited until he had made it down the road before talking. "to drive you, I mean."

"Didn't ask him if he was."

"Why?"

Will shifted again, his skin had changed to a pinker tone too. He was clearly uncomfortable with Lucas' persistence. 

"Why can't I ask you for a ride instead of Mike?" his tone came out accusatory and Lucas frowned. 

The car pulled up into the parking lot at the school, our ride was quite short. However, Lucas kept the car on and turned to WIll.

"I was just wondering because he and El have a thing, you know?"

He was speaking as if I was there. Will acknowledged my presence though by glancing at me uncomfortably.

"Will didn't want to ask Mike," I said simply. But Lucas looked confused.

Will on the other hand looked even more uncomfortable.

Lucas was about to say something when a tapping on his window made him jump.

Dustin was hovering at the car smiling blissfully. "Come on," his voice was muffled, "school's gonna start soon."

I nodded and started to get out of the car. But out of the corner of my eye I saw Will glaring at me.

What was his issue today?

-----

Sorry for the wait.

I was caught up in a girl crush, no joke. But I'm fairly positive she doesn't like me so now I'm over it. So here's the chapter.

Enjoy.

More interesting things will happen next I swear.