26

Mike's POV

I had an issue. I couldn't control myself and I kissed Will Fucking Byers. My friend. My guy friend. The only friend I've come out to.

Sure it was just a light brush on his neck but he noticed. I was doomed.

The hell was wrong with me in the first place. I didn't even know if Will was gay. Did I even like him? Was I just unable to control myself around my attractive friend? No. I didn't go around kissing all of my friends, just Will. I was so confused.

"Mike," Lucas nudged me with his knee, "stop thinking about your girlfriend and switch out for Dustin so he can go pee!"

We were playing video games, shocker, but I only had three controllers since I got it after Will left. So now we were all trading off.

I looked over at my friend who was anxiously tapping his foot but still hitting the controls like mad. Will was between me and Dustin so I had to reach over him to get the controller. I tried my best to make as little contact as possible but still ended up practically lying on his lap. 

Will shifted uncomfortably once I sat up with the controller in hand. My heart dropped, I felt nauseous. I was making him uncomfortable. I know he had said he was okay with me but kissing him was probably pushing it.

"Mike! Will! Focus on the game before I get killed from your daydreaming," Lucas commanded. He got really competitive, it wasn't uncommon for him to throw a hissy fit when one of us screwed the pooch and lost the game.

"Sorry," Will mumbled. I glanced at him quickly, trying to be subtle. He was focused, it was clear in his eyes and the way his lip stuck between his teeth. My glance was a little longer than quick I suppose and Will noticed. He didn't look at me, just blushed. 

"Dammit Mike!"

I looked at the TV to see the big blaring 'GAMEOVER' flashing. I really needed to get over whatever this thing was with Will before I lost more than a video game. 

Lucas was huffing and puffing while me and Will sat back and observed. 

Will cleared his throat and turned to me, "Can I have some water?"

I was about to shrug and just let him find it for himself, the usual response, but I stopped and instead got up to accompany him. 

Maybe it was because I saw the other meaning in his eyes when he asked for water, or maybe it was just because I couldn't stop myself from wanting to be around him. 

We were upstairs and in the kitchen, my parents were in bed already. 

"There's tap or bottled water in the fridge," I said.

Will didn't make a move towards either locations and instead turned around to face me. We were a good distance away, far enough that I couldn't impulsively kiss him like some creep.

"You kissed me."

I swallowed hard and nodded.

"Why?"

Will kept fiddling with his hands. I had really made him uncomfortable.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

He shook his head, "not good enough." He was persistent. "Why?"

I shrugged, "I guess I, um, wanted to..."

"You wanted to?"

Nodding, I hung my head. I felt so disgusted with myself. Why did I have to kiss him?

"Do you...still want to?"

Did I? Will was my friend, you don't kiss your friends. Especially on the neck. But Will was also brave and tall and smart and.....and made me do impulsive things like kiss him without asking, without warning.

"Look," I sighed, "can we just forget about it? I'm really sorry I made you uncomfortable but I can't lose your friendship."

Will stared at me, he was calculating my words I suppose. 

"Is that what you want?" he questioned.

No. 

I didn't know. 

I was conflicted, but I did know that I wanted to kiss more than just his neck, and that scared me.

I was tempted to be honest with him, to fess up before things got bad. But before I could even decide, Dustin came marching through the kitchen.

"Shit," he cursed, "I'm guessing you lost the game and Lucas is down there breaking everything?"

I nodded.

He cursed again.

------

I was gonna give you a bone but I thought it was better to drag you along for more.

Yep.

I'm a tease.