1

💗💗💗

Y/N rolled off her bed with a groan as she listened to her beeping alarm. "Hmph..." She turned over on her back and saw her calendar that read "hunter exams".

"Hunter exams..hunter exams?.."

...

"THE HUNTER EXAMS!!" she yelled and clumsily got up from the floor and rushed to get ready, putting on a thin white shirt with a tint of pink and putting on a black sweatshirt that read "Yado" on the back.

It was her uncle before he soon died from an attack when Y/N was 17. "The boat will be here anytime! I gotta hurry!" Y/N mentally yelled. She grabbed her chess pieces and put them in her jacket pocket.

The pockets were a bit hugged so they wouldn't fall out, and if they did Y/n would know right away. "Hurry!" She pushed herself and she continued to get ready. She grabbed a few things to eat on the way, a piece of toast and a water bottle in her backpack.

"Love ya uncle Yado!" She said out loud and kissed an old picture of her uncle Yado then headed out the door. Good thing she had been running around almost her whole life with uncle Yado.

"There it is!" She mentally yelled as she saw the boat just now arriving. She hopped on and then soon felt small with all the taller men around, with barely any other females on.

"Oh boy.." She said quietly to herself and began walking around. "Hm.." You hummed a song to yourself and then accidentally get pushed a bit. "Huh-?" You questioned and turn around to see a kid with green clothing.

"Ah! Sorry about bumping into you, I wasn't paying attention!" He said with an embarrassing smile. "Oh, don't worry about it, it's fine." You smile at him "my name is Y/N." You say with her hand out.

"Mines Gon, nice to meet you!" He shook your hand. "So, what brings you here?" You asked as you looked down at him and then out at the surrounding water.

"I'm here because of my dad, I want to be a hunter like him, and why he chose to be a hunter instead of staying with me!" He said proudly "what about you?"

"My uncle Yado, I'm here because I also want to be like him, besides, I grew up with him and had amazing adventures so why not make more?" You smile at him with a slight chuckle.

Gon smiled back "that makes sense" Gon's face then changed and he sniffed the air a bit "hm?" You questioned. "A storm is gonna come soon," He said looking back at you.

"Wow, you can actually tell just by Sniffing the air?" You asked surprised and the boy nodded "Mhm!". " Well, then we better head inside.." You suggested and the both of you headed inside along with a few others.

You both sat in hammocks that were fairly close to each other, there was silence for a bit until Gon broke it with a question "hey, how old are you?".

You look up at him from the floor and reply with "Oh, I'm 19" And Gon made a surprised face "you look at least 13 or 15". You stared at him for a few seconds "Do I really? I never noticed.." You thought.

"Mhm! Oh, and I'm 12 by the way" He smiled slightly "ah, that sure is a young age for doing the hunter exams, I am impressed" You say cheering and Gon giggled.

Sooner or later, the boat started to rock back and forth. Good thing you weren't too affected by motion sickness or seasickness. It was honestly relaxing once you laid down in your hammock.

Gon also laid down as other people on the boat began throwing up in buckets and barrels. "Jeez, it's gonna smell like shit in here" You complained to yourself out loud.

"Yeah, sure is," Gon said "oh, sorry do you mind cussing?.. I don't do it often but sometimes" You asked a bit sorry "oh you're fine! I don't mind it" He explained and you nodded.

You lay back down, relaxed, and eventually fell asleep with your backpack tired against the wooden pole so it didn't get lost on the boat.

You woke up later and yawn. The boat was no longer rocking side to side. You saw Gon and two other people helping some of the people who got sick.

One of them looked about 30, he had glasses and the other had blonde hair. Once you realized what was happening you spoke up "hey, do you guys need any help?" You asked as you got up.

"Yeah, could you get some more medkits from the back? One of them scratched their arm pretty bad while the boat was rocking" The blonde one said.

"On it!" You replied and began walking to the back of the boat looking for the medkits. "There they are," You say out loud to yourself and walk back with about 5 of them. "Here, I brought extra just in case." You say giving the blonde boy the medkits.

"Thank you very much." He said politely and sets them down on the floor next to him and began cleaning the scars on the harmed person.

"Y/n!" You heard your name get called out and you turn around to Gon holding some warm blankets. "Oh, what's up, Gon?" You asked looking down at him. "Could you give some of these to the others?" He ask as he handed you some.

"Yeah sure," You say as you held the ones he gave you. "Thanks a lot!" He said with a smile and you nodded "Of course." You turn around and began to hand out the blankets, so, someone gets your attention after you handed out the last blanket.

It was the captain who was trying to get your attention.

"Ah, yes sir?" You say to him "come with me please" He said as Gon and the two other dudes were beside him. "Of course," You say as you grab your backpack and walk to the front of the boat with them.

You were soon in a straight line with Gon and the two others. The captain soon asked a question "Why do you four want to be hunters?" Of course, Gon went first. "I want to become a hunter because my dad's one! And I want to know why he chose to be a hunter instead of staying with me at home!"

"Very well," The captain said with a smile and looked at the other two. Who then went but got in a fight. You heard that Blondie's name was Kurapika and the other was Leorio.

"And you?" The captain looked at you and you jumped a bit. "Oh, yeah, I wanna become a hunter because of my uncle Yado. I guess you can say he's my inspiration." You then smile at him.

He nodded. He then says that the exams have already started and that you were able to move on. You smiled mentally to yourself, kind of proud actually.

You were soon excused as the two kept arguing and then went their separate ways. You sigh "that's gonna get annoying if they do that all the time" You sigh to yourself.

"It's okay, they'll eventually get over it" Gon said "yeah, I guess you're right" You smile slightly as you two walk into the hallway together.

"I'm going to sleep again," You tell Gon as you lay back in your hammock and set your bag down "May you watch my bag for me?" You asked.

"Of course, I'll wake you up when we get there," He said as he picked up your backpack. "Thanks, Gon, I appreciate it," You say and turn around getting comfortable.

"Anytime," You said cheerily as you soon fell back asleep.

💗💗💗