6.

July 29th, 1976

July 29th, 1976. 10:22am. Eric Forman's Basement.

"Hey Hyde, could you maybe just forget I said something last night?" asked Eric with a nervous smile.

"Not a chance, my dumb tell-all friend." said Hyde, reading newspaper in his chair.

"But Donna is going to kill me, I'm not joking." tried Eric again.

"Well you should have kept your mouth shut." Hyde raised his voice.

"I was - but, but it just kind of slipped. Donna can't know, man." a very frustrated Eric pledged.

"Relax, Forman. June likes me, so what? Honestly man, can you blame her?" said Hyde, lowering his newspapers for a second.

"Hyde, just...don't tell Donna." Eric said.

"Don't tell me what?" loudly said Donna, who had seemingly just appeared by the basement door. She stood there with her arms crossed & her brows raised in suspicion.

"Donna! Heyyy. When did you get here?" nervously but keeping his chill, said Eric, turning towards his girlfriend.

"Oh, just as you said, "don't tell Donna". What shouldn't Hyde tell me, Eric?" asked Donna once more.

"Oh I don't know what you'r-"

"That June has the hots for me." Hyde over-yelled Eric, not looking away from the bundle of papers.

Donna gasped in utter shock, looking angry, making Eric storm off the couch & run upstairs. She didn't know what to tell Hyde.

"I'm going to kill his rat ass." scoffed Donna, sitting on the left corner of the couch.

"I'm not stoppin' you." said Hyde.

"Hyde, you weren't supposed to know this. Neither was Eric. You can not ask June about this." Donna seriously told Hyde, looking straight at him, although he appeared to ignore her.

"I won't ask her."

"Well, you better not." Donna said.

"Cause she told me our secret little kiss at the drive-in was a one time thing." Hyde said, eyes still fixated on the papers.

Donna's jaw dropped. She looked at Hyde to check if he was going to say he was joking, but he didn't. She ripped the newspapers away from him. "You guys freakin kissed?"

"Yeah, so. She's kissed Fez before, what's the big deal, Pinciotti?" sighed Hyde, crossing his arms & making himself comfortable in his chair.

"Okay, but Fez - that's like a friendship kiss. This wasn't meaningless. Nobody dared you or made a bet with you to do it. You did it cause you wanted to."

"Donna, it didn't mean a thing. And she made that pretty clear yesterday."

"Hyde I can't believe how careless you can be sometimes - she likes you, it was not meaningless."

"I'm not careless, man. I'm just saying it as it is."

"Okay, Hyde, whatever. Just don't be your careless self with her."

"I'm not careless, Donna. I'm a nice guy, look." he said, resting his hand on Donna's thigh.

"Hyde, take your hand off." said Donna with a chuckle.

He ignored her & rubbed her leg, actually giving some thought into what Donna said. He really did care, he just wasn't great at showing it.

•••

The same day, 4:15pm. Eric Forman's basement.

"Oh my god, you guys!" screamed Jackie after shamelessly storming into the basement, June right after her, pushing her sister out of the way.

"There's a new disco opening next week!" June added.

"Where at?" asked Kelso, looking up from his cards.

"In Kenosha! You can wear your David Bowie butt huggers." said Jackie, making Kelso laugh in approval.

"Michael, that would be super." mockingly said Hyde.

"Laugh all you want man, my butt looks pretty good in those." Kelso told Hyde.

"Are you guys crazy? I mean a disco? No way." protested Eric.

"I don't know, it might be kind of fun to go dancing." said Donna, looking over at June.

"Or we could go." corrected himself Eric.

"Great, then it's a plan." clapped June.

"What is disco?" asked Fez.

"Disco is hell, man. And not the cool part with all the murderers, but the lame ass part, where all the bad accountants live." explained Hyde, not even joking.

"That's not true. You just can't dance." June sat down & looked up at Hyde with pride.

•••

Heyyy so this is just a filler chapter to keep it active, I'm planning on writting a disco episode inspired chapter next so it's gonna be spicy yall 😌
❗️❤️ I've also started a new Steven Hyde x OC story! Check it out through my profile ❤️❗️