22.

December 29th, 1976

December 29th, 1976. 2:53pm. Eric Forman's basement.

June ran down the basement stairs for the first time in days, well, since the fateful Christmas dinner. She was obviously grounded, which wasn't easy for her father to do because he had never punished his daughters for anything. Mrs. Burkhart tried to make her husband ease up on June, but he had his way. Today was an exception, as she took Jack Burkhart car shopping, it was something he enjoyed despite having a full garage. June took her chances & sneaked out.

"June, you're alive!" Eric shouted with sarcasm as she came through the basement door. "Oh, it's a miracle!"

"My father isn't Red, Eric. Ofcourse I'm alive." June rolled her eyes as she threw her winter coat off. "You left me alone, Steven. We need to talk." she told the curly haired boy sitting in his chair, across the basement, pointing at him.

"Ayy." Fez sighed & the gang immediately stood up & left the two alone, giving them some privacy.

"Was I supposed to stay & let your father actually kill me?" Hyde told June as he got off his chair & walked to the freezer & sat on it.

"Steven, he wouldn't actually hurt you, you could've fought a bit for our love!" she crossed her arms.

"Oh god, you sound like Jackie, man." Hyde joked.

"My dad has never grounded me & he's cut off my allowance for an entire month because of you. I'm broke, Steven." June snapped.

"Man, so is that what's bothering you?" he asked her. "Is it not that he doesn't want us to see each other?"

"Suddenly you care?" June asked him, agitated. "Because you didn't seem to that night."

"Whatever." Hyde said. "I overestimated you, you're just as shallow as the rest of your family, you know that?"

June's expression fell into a sad frown & she marched out of the basement to the Formans kitchen, her eyes filling with tears. She bumped into Jackie & Donna on the stairs, who were just headed down.

"What did you do, Steven?" Jackie asked Hyde as she sat on the couch.

"She cares more about her money than she does about me, man." Hyde scoffed.

"Well ofcourse she does, she can't buy stuff with you. I mean, you're broke, too!" Jackie told him.

"Jackie!" Donna turned to her, then to Hyde. "Hyde, she's upset."