15.

October 1st, 1976

October 1st, 1976. 5:41pm. Steven Hyde's house.

"Mom, mom, mom?" Hyde said into the phone as he sat in a torn armchair. "I couldn't help but notice you're not home yet." he continued, slightly annoyed. Giving his mother space to talk, he replied to her everytime in frustration. "Oh, is that right?" he spoke into the black phone, getting up from the armchair, not noticing June had just appeared on his patio. She watched Hyde & listened to the heated conversation through the door net. "Okay, great, yeah. No, no, no, you know? Whatever makes you happy." he ended the conversation & proceeded to angrily rip the cord out, throwing the phone on the floor with no mercy.
He only stopped when he saw the petite brunette stand practically before him.

"Hey, Burkhart." he said in a calmed down tone.

"Hi, Steven." she greeted him, awkwardly, still standing behind the net.

"Come on in, make yourself at home." Hyde offered, and she walked through the door, looking down at the phone he had just smashed. "My bed's broken, but I'm sure there's a few screws left to loosen." he casually said, pointing at his bedroom.

"Actually, I came to check on you." she said, crossing her arms. "I've figured that Edna isn't coming back?"

"No, man. She's just been delayed a little bit." he told her, sitting on the couch. "Now, let's make out." he said, pulling the girl down next to him.

Pushing herself away from him, she looked at the empty space infront of them. "Where'd the TV go?" she asked the careless boy.

"Oh, I pawned it." he said, leaning in closer to her.

Nudging him away, she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You pawned your mom's TV? Steven, she's not coming back." June stood up & looked around the room before looking back down at him with slight pity.

"Okay, she's not coming back, alright?" Hyde said, making June frown even more.

"God, what are you going to do?"

"Sell the house." Hyde sighed.

"But you rent, silly."

"I guess I'm in more trouble than I thought." he said, getting up & grabbing a tasteless cracker with ketchup, then trying to kiss June again.

Stepping away from him, she wasn't joking around today. "No, Steven, I'm serious! You need help, dumbass."

"I'll be fine, baby, don't worry about me." Hyde got defensive.

June scoffed & told him she didn't have time for his smart ass remarks, leaving the hot-headed Hyde to fend for himself.

6:21pm, Eric Forman's basement.