21.

December 23rd, 1976

December 23rd, 1976. 7:31pm. The Formans kitchen.

"Mrs. Forman!" Jackie shouted as she & June forced themselves through the Formans sliding kitchen door, just as they had finished dinner.

"Our parents want you to have Christmas dinner at our house tommorow." June said with enthusiasm, making Red & Kitty look at them in confusion.

"Sweetie...why? It's kind of a...family occasion." Kitty said.

"Well, we know Jack Burkhart isn't quite the family man." Red said, his eyes locked on a bundle of newspapers.

"So, we told our dad the Forman's have cheap, gross store bought turkey every year." Jackie started.

"And he insisted you come and try the turkey he killed with his bare hands, with us." June finished her sister's sentence.

"...his bare hands?" Kitty asked them & they replied with a nod and a smile.

Red sat up in realization that had his family ate at the Burkhart's, they'd completely avoid any seasonal stress (and having his mother over), they wouldn't have to help Kitty out & they'd even eat with silver cutlery. It was perfect.

"Kitty, I say we go." Red said, putting his newspapers down.

"What?!" Eric contributed to the conversation." But dad, we have a Christmas tradition with the Pinciottis!"

"Oh, what's one year without Bob & Midge?" Red waved his hand "Kitty, they have silver forks & expensive wine." he turned to his wife.

Kitty tried to resist the idea of eating lavishly, but gave in to the temptation. "Oh, alright!" she said "But you come with me to the Pinciottis right now & tell them we're blowing them off, Red Forman!"

Red sighed but got up & him & Kitty left the kitchen through the same sliding door the Burkhart's came in with. Jackie cheered & ran to the basement to see Kelso. Eric narrowed his eyes at June & followed Jackie downstairs, leaving her & Hyde in the kitchen.

"So, Steven." June said, walking up to her boyfriend. "You should take that sweater to dinner tommorow, it really suits you."

"Woah, woah." Hyde scoffed. "I'm not going to dinner to your house."

"Ofcourse you are, why wouldn't you?" June asked.