Chapter 11

~~~dating for about 3 months now~~~

"So, why are you leaving so soon?"

"Because, I like to spend more than a week with my family, I don't get to see them all the time." Robert says. "I've explained five times now."

"But three weeks? Three whole weeks we won't see each other? What if you forget what I look like?" I ask.

Robert laughs, pausing from packing his suitcase. "Considering we'll video chat every day, and you're my phone lock screen and background, I don't think I will."

"And background?" I repeat with a smile. "Oh my god you're so obsessed with me."

"Back at ya." Robert leans over and kisses me.

I lean back against the pillows, watching as Robert finishes packing. "So when do you leave?"

"Tomorrow morning at ten." He says, frowning and looking around his room.

"Comb is on the dresser." I say.

"No, I already got that." He mutters, still looking around.

"So what are you -"

"My jacket! Where is the damn thing?"

I pull at the sleeves covering my hands as Robert slowly turns and looks at me.

"I need that." He says.

"I only have a bra under!" I protest, hugging the jacket around me.

"Babe, I need it."

"No!"

Robert drops onto the bed, dragging me across the comforter to him. "I could just take it back." He says.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah." Robert sets his lips on mine.

"Mm what about dinner?"

Robert shakes his head. "We'll order in." He says kissing me again.

"But -"

"Three whole weeks apart."

I scrunch my nose, then smile.

Robert tilts my head up, kissing me deeply.

~~~~

"You have a key. And -"

"Dogs eat at night. Babe, we've been over this." I say, crossing my arms.

Robert looks at his phone. "Car's here." He says.

I frown, looking down at the floor.

"Hey," Robert sets his hands on my hips. "I'll be back before you know it. Also, I'm visiting family not going to war, cheer up."

I roll my eyes and laugh a little. "Fuck off."

Robert smiles, bringing me into a kiss.

I lean back. "Don't you have a flight to catch?"

"Yeah. Oh, I left you something on my bed." He says.

"Don't tell me you got some weird like sexy gift or something gross like that." I say making a disgusted face.

Robert chuckles, giving me another kiss. "Go see. I'll be back in three weeks."

"Love you."

"I love you." Robert gives me one last kiss before grabbing his suitcase and backpack.

"Bye!" I watch the door shut, then turn and run back to the bedroom.

I gasp, pulling my phone out of my pocket, dialing a number.

"Babe, I just left, you can't miss me already." Robert says as soon as he answers.

"You left your hoodie." I say.

"Ah! So you got your surprise."

I pick up the jacket.

"I know how much you like that one, and I figured you'd want something when you aren't at my place." He says.

"But...this one's your favorite." I say.

"Yeah, but it's your favorite too."

I smile. "You're so sweet."

"Only the best for the best." Robert says before ending the call.