Chapter 24

I walk around, gazing up at the rotating planets.

"Wow, right?" Mariah loops her arm through mine.

"It's amazing. I mean not only the structure itself, which is an architectural marvel, but they managed to scale down the size of the planets, while maintaining the size differences between them!" I gush.

Mariah shakes her head. "You know way too much." She laughs.

"Just don't ask any questions about any of the planets. Or nebulas." Robert advises.

"It's ebulae, babe." I correct, moving away from my friend to my fiance. "Well, actually both are correct, but 'nebulae' is a fun word."

"See my point?" Robert looks at Mariah and her boyfriend, while setting his arms around my lower back.

"You love it!" I smile.

"That I do." Robert returns my smile, leaning down to kiss me.

I lean back, then gasp.

"What?"

"They made replicas of comets and asteroids!" I exclaim, dashing off. "Best day ever!"

Robert laughs as he follows me while I pull out my phone to take pictures.

"Babe, are you getting pictures?" I look over at him, seeing his phone in hand.

"Oh I am!" He says with a smile, tapping the screen.

I raise a brow and walk over, looking over his shoulder.

"Really? 'My whole world getting lost in the stars.' Babe, that's so cheesy." I say.

"Fine." Robert shakes his head, deleting the text and typing.

"Hmm. 'Enjoying a trip to the stars with the love of my life.' I like that."

Robert chuckles, sending the picture to his story. "I like being cheesy, and you like it too." He says, kissing my cheek.

~~

"Okay, turn here." I say, looking at the lot.

"This place better be as good as you say." Robert shuts the car off.

"Oh it is!"

"Easy you two. No fighting." Mariah laughs from the backseat as we all get out of the car.

I stop for a second.

"You okay?" Robert asks.

I nod. "Just haven't been here in a while." I say.

Robert holds out his hand. I smile, setting mine in his.

"C'mon, sushi awaits!"

My fiance laughs as I pull him across the street to the restaurant, wrenching open the door.

"Ah! Ms. Kayla Jones!"

"Hi Mr. Makoto !" I exclaim as he comes out from behind the sushi bar, hugging me.

"Look at you, gorgeous young woman now. Where's the family?" Mr. Makoto asks.

"Um, my brother is in Malibu right now,"

"No, he's vacationing in Hawaii." Robert corrects.

"I play his music all the time, he's wonderful." Mr. Makoto says. "What about you?"

"Well, uh I'm currently in LA, um I'm doing journalism." I say.

"Who do you write for?"

"Oh uh it's called The Gist. Um, it's a magazine that covers everything. I do the travel and dining."

"Byline?" Mr. Makoto asks.

"With a picture." Robert nods.

"Um anyways, this is my friend Mariah and her boyfriend Matt. And this is Robert." I say with a smile.

Mr. Makoto looks between us.

"Um, Robert is my fiance."

"Fiance!"

I nod.

"Alright, bar or table? Drinks are on the house!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for a short chapter, but at least it's hella cute?

I've been stuck in my parents house since spring back began for me on the *checks calendar* 12th of March and my school is staying closed until April something. I've watched Black Friday like 25 times now, and I got my parents and brother to watch Ani tonight!

I hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy, and oh for the Starkid fans that watched it last night, I tried some of the workouts that Corey Dorris did in that livestream and holy shit! I'm so fucking sore ya'll and I'm gonna do it again tomorrow!!

So after rewatching Black Friday (again) I hardcore stan Corey Dorris, and so does my brother. Oh my brother and I have been binge watching Starkid, Corey is his undisputed favorite other than Jeff Blim who is the literal incarnation of chaos.

Ok, that's all from me! Don't forget to check out my latest story, The First and Last, or pop over and request a lil oneshot or don't. I have no say over your actions.

Stay safe and healthy to everyone who's worried about this coronavirus, and stay entertained and sane to whomever is self-quarantining or social distancing, whatever the media is calling it.

Love y'all
Xoxo