Chapter 23 and an Announcement

I run my hand over the dog curled on my legs  as the door opens.

"Hey, still on sick leave?" Robert asks, putting his keys down.

I nod as he walks over, shooing the dog off me as he sits, pulling me to his side.

"Well then, I think I might have something to make you feel better. Matt got Mariah and him tickets to the new exhibit at the Balboa space museum."

I lean away, curling back on my side of the couch. "The one with the new flight simulation and galaxy walk through?"

"Yes, and he accidentally purposefully bought two extra, which are being offered to us, because they know my fiancée is a space nerd."

I look at him. "Really?"

"Go down Friday morning, and seeing as you're the expert of the area, you probably know all the cool spots to see." Robert says.

I slowly grin, bouncing on the couch.

"So, do I tell him we'll go or to give the tickets away? Because they include meeting two NASA scientists and an astronaut."

"We are so going!" I exclaim, leaning over and hugging him.

Robert pulls me in tight, kissing the top of my head as my phone rings.

Sitting up, I quickly kiss Robert, grabbing my phonee and answering the call.

"Mom?" My smile fades as Robert sits up, watching me.

"Umm...thank you. I - I'm sorry too." I say.

Robert furrows his brow, tilting his head.

"I'm glad you like the ring, um Robert picked it, so I'll let him know you like it." I laugh slightly.

Robert gives me a small smile.

"Yeah, um I'd want you there at the wedding, but Dad..." I trail off, looking at my lap. "What?"

I gasp, my mouth open. "Separating?" I repeat. "Like, not together anymore?"

Robert looks at me. I shrug.

"You want to visit?" I look at my fiance who nods. "Definitely! Yeah, yeah I'll text the address. And um, our dogs are hypoallergenic, but since it's summer, well we keep them in a play area on the balcony, so if you -"

I bite down on my botrom lip.

"Okay," I smile. "See you in September."

I set my phone down.

"Huh, well then." Robert leans against the couch. "That just happened."

"Yeah. Wow." I slump beside him.

Almost instantly, I pop back up with a grin. "We gotta read up on the exhibit!"

"You are such a nerd and I love you!" Robert laughs, cupping my face and kissing me.

"Okay, but I'm serious." I say.

Robert nods, kissing me again.

"Gotta do my research."

Another kiss.

"Read about the scientists and astronaut." I lean back.

Robert lifts a brow.

"Yeah, it'll all be there tomorrow." I say, setting my lips back to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!!!
So I know I've been talking about this brilliant story idea for a few months now, I am pleased to announce that the first chapter will be published some time this week!

Now it heavily involves the latest Starkid musical, which is why I've been watching it in repeation to make the story as accurate as I can, which is also why it's taken me so long to publish...

Anyways, here is the potential cover I will be using, let me know what you all think

It's still a bit rough, but it's currently being edited. The little bit in the bottom right won't be there, I got distracted while editing and haven't had the time to fix it.
Anywayd, let me know what you think of the image and get ready for my new story this week!

Xoxo