Chapter 12

~~~~ two and a half weeks ~~~~

I pull Robert's jacket around me, bringing my legs up to my chest as I press the phone to my ear, messing with the letter in front of me.

"Hello?"

"Oh god, I woke you up didn't I?"

"No. No I'm just trying to wake up to hit the gym. What's wrong babe?" Robert asks.

"Nothing, I just -"

"International calling is expensive, we agreed only for emergencies." Robert interrupts. "So what's wrong?"

"My parents co-signed my apartment, but they control my rent too,"

"I'm about to get pissed aren't I?"

"They upped my rent, AC, electric, even my water! I can't afford anything!" I sob.

"Alright, alright, baby calm down." Robert says, sounding more awake.

"Calm down!? I've been sent two eviction notices in the last four days! Because they didn't fucking tell me!" I exclaim.

"Hey! Kayla listen!" Robert raises his voice. "Shut everything off, just turn it all off and go to my place. I'm changing my return time, I'll be there in about a day and half."

"No, you still have half a week!"

"Stop, your parents are being jackasses and evicting you. I'm coming back. So, pack a bag and stay at my place until I'm there." He says.

I wipe at my eyes. "Okay."

"I don't hear you packing."

"I am, I am. I just - need a minute." I say.

"I'm getting off and rescheduling my flight, I'll see you soon." Robert says.

I nod. "Yeah, I'll see you soon."

"I love you."

"I love you too." I say, tears running down my cheeks.

"Babe,"

I end the call, wrapping my arms around me, leaning back against my couch as I cry.

~~~~ 1 day ~~~~

I hear something rattle from the living room, then let out a sigh and roll on to my side, burrowing my head against Robert's pillow.

One of the dogs starts barking, encouraging the other to join in.

"Well hello to you too!" I hear as the barking dies down.

"Ooh, you've gotten chubby! Has Mummy been sneaking you extra treats while I was gone?"

I turn my head, staring at the door.

"Where is she? Huh? Do you know sweetheart?"

There's a brief sound of footsteps, then a soft knock on the door before it opens.

"Hey Mopey."

I roll over and sit up, opening my arms for a hug.

Robert set his bags down and holds me against him.

"How are you?" He asks once I lean back.

"Better, you're here." I say.

I shift, leaning over the edge of the bed, picking my laptop up of the floor. "I've been looking at cheap apartments, and I think I found a few -"

"I want you to move in with me." Robert interrupts. "Please."

I look at him, slowly opening my laptop. "Oh!"

"Yeah..." Robert picks at the comforter.

"Okay." I tuck a look of hair behind my ear and nod. "Okay, yeah. Yeah, I want that too."

"Really? You don't sound sure." Robert looks at me.

I set my laptop aside, scooting across the bed over to him. "I would love to move in with you." I say.

"Yeah?"

I nod. "Yeah." I lean over, kissing him softly.

"Ooh, first kiss in three weeks...almost as good as the first." Robert smiles.

"I remember it being more than kissing." I say.

"Exactly my point. Come here you!" Robert pulls me into his lap, making me squeal.

"I've missed you." He says.

"I missed you too." I say, bringing my lips to his.

Aaaaand third chapter in one day is up! Hope you like it! I definitely had to stop a few times and squeal like a fangirl who's idol liked her post, which was embarrassing even though I'm alone in my room....
Anywho!
I have a quick question, a query, for you my lovely readers, now you don't have to answer, but it'd be cool if you do! Anyways, what has been your favorite chapter, scene, or witty line so far? Just like, what moment made you decide you like the story?
I'm curious, and ya know I care about you guys 💖💖

Ok that's all from me, unless I put up a fourth chapter!!
Lol nah I'm kidding, or am I? I am, but who knows?
No seriously though, I gotta shower, ya girls hair be greasy and I don't care for that shit at all.

Again, thank you all so much for reading this and liking it so much it has a number 1 rank, it means the world to me and more!

I love you
XOXO