Chapter 29

Robert unlocks the door, letting me in first.

"Oh thank god! Couch!" I cry out, flopping down and pulling my shoes off. "Oh I can feel my feet now!"

"Should've worn flats." Robert says picking up my shoes.

"Shut up." I curl onto the couch.

"Snack order?"

I sit up. "Depends on what we're watching." I say.

"I'm feeling tonight is a classic musical night." Robert says as he walks into the kitchen.

"But we didn't finish Harry Potter."

"Popcorn with chocolate chips?"

"Mm do we have ice cream?" I ask.

"Plain vanilla. But we have all the fixin's." He says.

"Serve it up!" I grab the TV remote and pull the movie up as the doorbell rings.

I sigh. "Something wicked this way comes." I say as I get up and open the door.

"Oh good, glad I remembered the address." My mom says as she pushes past me with her suitcases.

I shut the door and turn the lock. "Second door on the left is the spare room, kitchen is fully stocked, WiFi password is on my computer desk because I accidentally shut it off on my laptop all the time."

My mom drags her bags down the hall as Robert steps out of the kitchen with the ice cream.

"She here?" He asks sitting on the couch.

"Yep." I say walking down the hall to change.
~
"Ice cream." I say, flopping onto the couch beside my fiance.

Robert hands me the bowl as I drape a blanket over my lap and his, snuggling to his side as he starts the movie.

"Knock knock, sorry to interrupt."

I pause the movie, looking over the back of the couch at my mom.

"Where do you keep towels?" She asks.

"The closet in the bathroom." I say, turning back around.

I hear the bathroom door shut, followed by the shower starting a few minutes later.

"This is so weird." I say, setting my half eaten and half melted ice cream aside. I set my elbows on my knees, resting my chin on my hands.

"Two days." Robert reminds rubbing my back.

I turn my head, pouting as I look at him. "Why are you so perfect?"

"Someone up above messed up, added too much perfection while making me." He jokes.

I sit up, running my fingers through his hair, then rest my hands on his shoulders. "I love you so much."

"I love you just as much and more." Robert says, pulling me into his arms and kissing me.

I slide one arm around the back of his neck, the other curls into his hair. As we kiss Robert pulls me close.

"Did I tell you how gorgeous you looked at the party?" Robert asks as he leans back.

"No, but your jeans tell it all right now." I say, kissing him again.

"You need to get your water pressure checked."

I move off of Robert, who pulls the blanket back across our legs as my mom walks around and sits in the large lounge chair.

"Our water pressure is fine." I say, clearing my throat as Robert unpauses the movie.