Chapter 18

I sit back against the couch, tugging the sleeve of my jacket up, examining my ring.

"What's the face?" Robert asks as he sits beside me.

I hold my hand up. "I love this, but," I turn my hand upside down, the ring starting to slide. "It's a bit too big."

Robert laughs, taking my hand and pushing the ring back up. "We'll get it resized this weekend."

"And then announce to the world that we're engaged?" I guess.

"Naturally." Robert nods, putting his arm around my shoulders as I lean against him.

"Hey babe," I twist the ring around. "When'd you know?"

"Know what?" He asks, glancing away from his phone.

"That you wanted to marry me."

Robert puts his phone down as I shift to face him.

"Umm, I was coming back from Easter with my family, you couldn't come because of work. When I got into the apartment, you were curled on the couch, the dogs were with you, you were in my clothes and had been reading with Switchfoot blasting from your phone." He says. "But, you had fallen asleep, and had pulled my jacket around you. You just looked so peaceful and perfect. I knew then that I wanted to marry you, to always open the door to you."

"That was two years ago. You've known that long?" I ask.

Robert nods. "I can't see myself with anyone else."

~~~~

I roll onto my back, rubbing my eyes before sitting up and frowning.

I look down, noticing my ring is gone and throw back the comforter.

Tossing pillows aside, I search around the bed as the door opens.

"What the actually hell are you doing?" Robert asks, setting his wallet, phone and keys on the dresser.

"I can't find -"

He sits on the edge of the bed, leaning over and holding up the ring.

"Why do you have it?" I demand, sliding the ring on. "Wait, did you -"

"I got it resized. I was going to the gym, so I took a change of clothes and got this fixed for you." He explains.

"Aww!" I coo, scooting over and hugging him. "You're amazing!"

"Only the best for my gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, extravagant, radiant fiancée." Robert kisses me after each word.

I smile, my hands on his shoulders. I drag my left down to his chest, admiring the ring.

"You okay?" Robert asks.

I look up at him. "I'm better than okay. I'm happy." I say.

Robert smiles. "Good, you deserve happiness."

I kiss him again, then get off the bed. "We're meeting your family for a late breakfast, then we gotta hit the road so we can see the coast."

"Yes ma'am." Robert says with a mock salute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so uh I just watched the last Starkid musical, pretty sure Starship is my favorite, but uh....yeah this is probably about to become a Starkid account.

Or mostly a Starkid account at least. Either way, I will be starting a Starkid oneshot book, so look forward to that.

Um in other news, I updated my tablet and uh one of my apps, the one I do all my writing on, it somehow reset so I had to restore all my shit that I had backed up. Unfortunately, the last time I backed up was in November! So all of my newer stories are gone.

I still have Loved and Alive, I emailed it to a friend who acts as an editor, and I have the basic outline for First and Last, but I am unfortunately going to have to postpone its debut due to having to completely start from scratch! Yay! fuuuuuuuuuck.

Okay yeah that covers everything I had to say, oh um a quick shoutout to my friend Insider2001! Her Arrow based story just hit a number 1 rank!
I highly recommend her story Leagues at War if you are familiar with the CW show Arrow, it's hella good. I actually based a bit of my writing style off hers so you might see similarities.

Anyways, hope you all still like this story, and keep on enjoying it!!
Love you all

XOXO