[six]

meanwhile...

"How was your date with the mystery man?" Irene asked as she clamped the phone between her ear and shoulder, taking things out of the fridge whilst talking to Taehyung on the phone.

"Very fun, actually. We talked a lot. More than I expected." Taehyung said, he was on his belly on the bed, talking to Irene.
"So you're seriously not going to tell me who he is?"
"I'm not very serious about him."
"Don't do that." Irene said.

Taehyung frowned before sitting up.
"Do what?"
"Lead him on."
Taehyung gasped dramatically.
"I'm not leading him on. This is how I am naturally. It's not my fault if he takes it the wrong way." Taehyung mumbled the last part as he picked on a loose thread of his shirt.

"Well, take your flirting ways down a notch, yea? Who knows, you might actually end up liking this guy."
"Sure." Taehyung snickered. "Okay. I find him interesting and hot but there's other guys that also interesting and hot too."
Irene shrugged though Taehyung couldn't see him.

"It's up to you. Just don't break his heart. I have to go, my sister just got home from school. Bye."
"Bye." Taehyung hung up, pouting.

It wasn't his intention to lead Jungkook on if that's what's happening. He was naturally charming and flirty.

His phone started ringing as he looked down to see an unknown number.
"Must be Jungkook."
Taehyung sighed before letting it ring until it fully stopped.

He didn't want to lead Jungkook on. When he knows he's certainly not ready for a relationship. Might as well show him his lack of interest.

———————

Jungkook stared at the contact, biting his lip

Jungkook stared at the contact, biting his lip. Was he really going to talk to him? What if he had gave him a fake number? That would've been embarrassing.

Jungkook's thumb hovered over the green call button, contemplating if he should press or not. The pros and cons lingered and clouded his mind, seemingly there was more cons than pros but he should take risks.

"Yea. Take risks."
Jungkook then pressed the button before throwing the phone on his bed, squealing. He hastily put it on speaker as he waited for the call to connect.

"Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shi—"
The phone started to ring, indicating the call had went through and Taehyung was probably scowling in disgust and throwing his phone away.

As the call continued to ring for about 30 seconds, Jungkook frowned. He approached his phone and sighed before ending the call.
"He must be busy. I'm sure he'll call back."

But he never did.

————————

Taehyung wearily walked next to Irene in the hallways, taking glances at faces in hopes of recognizing one as Jungkook's. But at the same time, he didn't want to face the younger.

"Are you okay?"
Taehyung looked up at Irene and smiled softly. "Dandy."
"You look like you're going to shit yourself."
"Might as well."
Irene chuckled before turning to face Taehyung. She grabbed his shoulders and shook them.
"What's wrong with you? Seriously?"

Taehyung bit his lip before nodding.

"So you know how you told me I was leading this person on? The one I had the "date" with?"
Irene nodded. "Well, I took it upon myself to ignore his calls in hopes of 'de-leading' him on...and I'm scared that he'll be mad at me."

Irene pursed her lips before answering,—
"Well, one, there's a lot of excuses that you can say to missing his call. Two, if he actually likes you then he would understand. And three,——"

Irene smirked. "If you care on what he thinks about you, then there's a chance that you might actually like this boy."
"No. I don't. I just find him as good company and I don't want to risk that."
"One of these days, you're going to regret it."
Taehyung squeaked, spotting Jungkook on his way to Ms.Grosemary's room.

"He's inside!"
"Who is?"

"N-no one."
Irene squinted her eyes at Taehyung as the blonde rushed into Grosemary's room. He spotted Jungkook at his seat but he acted fine. He was reading a book and he didn't have the look of sorrow nor anger on his face.

Taehyung sighed to himself before sitting in his seat, Irene following.
Jungkook didn't look up once from his seat, concentrated in his book.
Taehyung smiled,—"Maybe I didn't lead him on afterall."